Re: [soapbuilders] JAX-WS 2.0 Final Release

  • Steve Loughran
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 6, 2006
      On 6/6/06, Doug Kohlert <doug.kohlert@...> wrote:
      > Steve,
      > I believe that JAX-RPC and JAX-WS in glassfish both use the same version
      > of SAAJ.

      OK. It looks like Axis1 is a bit too intimate with its implementation
      of SAAJ, so running stuff side-by-side is going to be trickier.

      Its an interestinf feature of Java EE5, that by choosing to mandate
      support for legacy EJB and legacy SOAP, app servers are going to be
      far less nimble than they would otherwise be. Stil, hibernate+xfire
      hosts nicely on tomcat.

      What this does mean for soap stacks is that the legacy stacks are
      going to stick around. People are still going to code for them, and we
      are still going to encounter interop problems. Accordingly, nobody is
      going to be able to stop maintenance of the old stacks. I pity the end
      users who, in the open source world, are those maintainers.

      How did.NET 2.0 handle this transition to the new stack? Does the old
      one + WSE live on, or has the old API been bridged into the new
      world?

      -steve