Re: Info About SOAP

  • vikas_mdu
    Message 1 of 7 , May 12, 2006
      Thanks To Noah and Anne for Response,

      I got waht Anne and Noah want to say but I think my problem is little
      misunderstood, Ok Let me clear..., As i told, i am using the NuSoap
      package, currently what i seen that for the client side a script is
      given in which client have to pass some parameters and have to use a
      function '$soapclient->Call' to send the request to the server, if we
      put the 'URL?wsdl' script makes its own wsdl depends on providing
      parameters and ofcourse uses the 'nusoap.php' Class , but i want that
      client script should request with only XML (complete Soap Envelope)
      to the server through 'fsockopen' or 'cURL', and should use the
      external wsdl (unlike as it currently create its own) file. So that
      server should got an SOAP/XML envelope to process with an external
      wsdl. As i told i am a newbie in SOAP, so didn't find such example of
      NuSoap on the net. If anybody can help me, please
      respond !!

      One more question : If it is necessary to use the WSDL, and i seen
      somwhere xsd file also can anybody tell me why these files are used
      with SOAP messages and how Important are these ?

      Best Regards
      Vikas Sheoran

      --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Anne Thomas Manes"
      <atmanes@...> wrote:

      > Using the NuSoap package to build a service does not require that
      you use
      > the same NuSoap package on the client. NuSoap will generate an XML
      message
      > packaged in a SOAP envelope, and any client can interpret the
      message using
      > only XML or using any other SOAP client package (for any programming
      > language).
      >
      > Anne
      >
      > On 5/12/06, vikas_mdu <vikas_mdu@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi everybody,
      > >
      > > I am very new to SOAP, can
      anybody
      > > provide me some example package of SOAP with PHP server and only
      XML for
      > > client. Actually i have downloaded the NuSoap Package, but i
      have to
      > > create a webservice and have to provide only xml to my customers,
      In
      > > Nusoap the client uses the package ( Class File nusoap.php ) ,
      and in
      > > this case only customers who are using PHP as there enviournment
      can use
      > > it. I need somthing(Only With XML) at client side which is
      plateform
      > > Independent.
      > >
      > > If any body uses NuSoap with only XML at client Please Help
      Me !!!!!!

      > > thanks In Advance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      > >
      > > Best Regards
      > >
      > > Vikas

    • Anne Thomas Manes
      Message 2 of 7 , May 13, 2006
        If you want to build the SOAP message programmatically, just do so and then POST it to the URL specified in the "location" attribute in the <soap:address> element in the <service> definition in the WSDL.

        The WSDL provides important information that you need to know in order to construct the SOAP envelope correctly. If the service binding is defined as style="document" and use="literal", then you should be able to construct the message based on the XML Schema, and you shouldn't need to reference the WSDL. If the service binding is defined as style="rpc" and use="literal" or use="encoded", then you will need to reference the WSDL to construct the message properly.

        Anne

        <atmanes@...> wrote:

        > Using the NuSoap package to build a service does not require that
        you use
        > the same NuSoap package on the client. NuSoap will generate an XML
        message
        > packaged in a SOAP envelope, and any client can interpret the
        message using
        > only XML or using any other SOAP client package (for any programming
        > language).
        >
        > Anne
        >
        > On 5/12/06, vikas_mdu <vikas_mdu@...> wrote:
        > >

        > > Hi everybody,
        > >
        > >                                   I am very new to SOAP, can
        anybody
        > > provide me some example package of SOAP with PHP server and only
        XML for
        > > client.  Actually i have downloaded the NuSoap Package, but i
        have to
        > > create a webservice and have to provide only xml to my customers,
        In
        > > Nusoap the client uses the package ( Class File   nusoap.php ) ,
        and in
        > > this case only customers who are using PHP as there enviournment
        can use
        > > it. I need somthing(Only With XML) at client side which is
        plateform
        > > Independent.
        > >
        > > If any body uses NuSoap with only XML at client Please Help
        Me !!!!!!

        > > thanks In Advance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        > >
        > > Best Regards
        > >
        > > Vikas

        You can search right from your browser? It's easy and it's free.  See how.
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/W6uqlB/TM

      • Vikas Sheoran
        Message 3 of 7 , May 14, 2006
          Thanks for the Info Anne,
                                               Can you provide me some sample code for that ? I'll be very thankful to you.

          Best Regards
          Vikas

          Message 4 of 7 , May 15, 2006
            I suggest you query a PHP discussion list for code samples.

            <atmanes@...> wrote:

            > Using the NuSoap package to build a service does not require that
            you use
            > the same NuSoap package on the client. NuSoap will generate an XML
            message
            > packaged in a SOAP envelope, and any client can interpret the
            message using
            > only XML or using any other SOAP client package (for any programming
            > language).
            >
            > Anne
            >
            > On 5/12/06, vikas_mdu <vikas_mdu@...> wrote:
            > >

            > > Hi everybody,
            > >
            > >                                   I am very new to SOAP, can
            anybody
            > > provide me some example package of SOAP with PHP server and only
            XML for
            > > client.  Actually i have downloaded the NuSoap Package, but i
            have to
            > > create a webservice and have to provide only xml to my customers,
            In
            > > Nusoap the client uses the package ( Class File   nusoap.php ) ,
            and in
            > > this case only customers who are using PHP as there enviournment
            can use
            > > it. I need somthing(Only With XML) at client side which is
            plateform
            > > Independent.
            > >
            > > If any body uses NuSoap with only XML at client Please Help
            Me !!!!!!

            > > thanks In Advance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            > >
            > > Best Regards
            > >
            > > Vikas

            You can search right from your browser? It's easy and it's free.  See how.
            http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/W6uqlB/TM

            Protocol analyzer Ssl protocol Protocol converter
            Sip protocol Protocol analysis Protocol

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS