Re: [soapbuilders] Info About SOAP

  • Anne Thomas Manes
    Message 1 of 7 , May 12, 2006
      Using the NuSoap package to build a service does not require that you use the same NuSoap package on the client. NuSoap will generate an XML message packaged in a SOAP envelope, and any client can interpret the message using only XML or using any other SOAP client package (for any programming language).

      Anne

      On 5/12/06, vikas_mdu <vikas_mdu@...> wrote:

      Hi everybody,

                                        I am very new to SOAP, can anybody
      provide me some example package of SOAP with PHP server and only XML for
      client.  Actually i have downloaded the NuSoap Package, but i have to
      create a webservice and have to provide only xml to my customers, In
      Nusoap the client uses the package ( Class File  nusoap.php ) , and in
      this case only customers who are using PHP as there enviournment can use
      it. I need somthing(Only With XML) at client side which is plateform
      Independent.

      If any body uses NuSoap with only XML at client Please Help Me !!!!!!

      thanks In Advance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Best Regards

      Vikas

      Home is just a click away. Make Yahoo! your home page now.
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/W6uqlB/TM

    • noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com
      Message 2 of 7 , May 12, 2006
        vikas_mdu writes

        > Hi everybody,
        >
        > I am very new to SOAP, can anybody
        > provide me some example package of SOAP with PHP server and only XML for
        > client. Actually i have downloaded the NuSoap Package, but i have to
        > create a webservice and have to provide only xml to my customers, In
        > Nusoap the client uses the package ( Class File nusoap.php ) , and in
        > this case only customers who are using PHP as there enviournment can use
        > it. I need somthing(Only With XML) at client side which is plateform
        > Independent.

        As Anne responded, you can use any software you like at either end of a
        SOAP connection. I think the real question is: how robust do you want
        your SOAP support to be. If you know, for example, that the SOAP messages
        sent to your clients will have no headers, or at least no headers for
        which mustUnderstand="true", then you can just write a bit of code to
        ensure that those aren't there in any responses you receive, raising an
        error if they do show up. If there are headers you want to process, then
        to be a compliant SOAP implementation you have to follow some rules about
        what order to do certain things, and it's much more likely you'll get them
        right by using someone's package than trying to hack it yourself. Either
        approach is really OK, as long as you're building what you need for your
        customers. Of course, you can also build noncompliant software that may
        work a lot of the time by just ignoring the official SOAP rules and
        grepping through the responses for what appears to be the data you need.
        Whether doing that is robust enough for your purposes is up to you, but
        certainly there are applications that take this approach (at their own
        risk, of course.)

        In short, I wouldn't try to build up your own fully general purpose SOAP
        support by hand, but you may very well find that you can easily build
        robust support for just the part of SOAP you expect your applications to
        use (e.g. no headers, or certain particular headers that you are
        expecting.) Certainly the code to send out a simple, compliant SOAP
        request is straightforward.

        --------------------------------------
        Noah Mendelsohn
        IBM Corporation
        One Rogers Street
        Cambridge, MA 02142
        1-617-693-4036
        --------------------------------------
      • vikas_mdu
        Message 3 of 7 , May 12, 2006
          Thanks To Noah and Anne for Response,

          I got waht Anne and Noah want to say but I think my problem is little
          misunderstood, Ok Let me clear..., As i told, i am using the NuSoap
          package, currently what i seen that for the client side a script is
          given in which client have to pass some parameters and have to use a
          function '$soapclient->Call' to send the request to the server, if we
          put the 'URL?wsdl' script makes its own wsdl depends on providing
          parameters and ofcourse uses the 'nusoap.php' Class , but i want that
          client script should request with only XML (complete Soap Envelope)
          to the server through 'fsockopen' or 'cURL', and should use the
          external wsdl (unlike as it currently create its own) file. So that
          server should got an SOAP/XML envelope to process with an external
          wsdl. As i told i am a newbie in SOAP, so didn't find such example of
          NuSoap on the net. If anybody can help me, please
          respond !!

          One more question : If it is necessary to use the WSDL, and i seen
          somwhere xsd file also can anybody tell me why these files are used
          with SOAP messages and how Important are these ?

          Best Regards
          Vikas Sheoran

          --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Anne Thomas Manes"
          <atmanes@...> wrote:

          > Using the NuSoap package to build a service does not require that
          you use
          > the same NuSoap package on the client. NuSoap will generate an XML
          message
          > packaged in a SOAP envelope, and any client can interpret the
          message using
          > only XML or using any other SOAP client package (for any programming
          > language).
          >
          > Anne
          >
          > On 5/12/06, vikas_mdu <vikas_mdu@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > Hi everybody,
          > >
          > > I am very new to SOAP, can
          anybody
          > > provide me some example package of SOAP with PHP server and only
          XML for
          > > client. Actually i have downloaded the NuSoap Package, but i
          have to
          > > create a webservice and have to provide only xml to my customers,
          In
          > > Nusoap the client uses the package ( Class File nusoap.php ) ,
          and in
          > > this case only customers who are using PHP as there enviournment
          can use
          > > it. I need somthing(Only With XML) at client side which is
          plateform
          > > Independent.
          > >
          > > If any body uses NuSoap with only XML at client Please Help
          Me !!!!!!

          > > thanks In Advance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          > >
          > > Best Regards
          > >
          > > Vikas

        • Anne Thomas Manes
          Message 4 of 7 , May 13, 2006
            If you want to build the SOAP message programmatically, just do so and then POST it to the URL specified in the "location" attribute in the <soap:address> element in the <service> definition in the WSDL.

            The WSDL provides important information that you need to know in order to construct the SOAP envelope correctly. If the service binding is defined as style="document" and use="literal", then you should be able to construct the message based on the XML Schema, and you shouldn't need to reference the WSDL. If the service binding is defined as style="rpc" and use="literal" or use="encoded", then you will need to reference the WSDL to construct the message properly.

            Anne

            <atmanes@...> wrote:

            > Using the NuSoap package to build a service does not require that
            you use
            > the same NuSoap package on the client. NuSoap will generate an XML
            message
            > packaged in a SOAP envelope, and any client can interpret the
            message using
            > only XML or using any other SOAP client package (for any programming
            > language).
            >
            > Anne
            >
            > On 5/12/06, vikas_mdu <vikas_mdu@...> wrote:
            > >

            > > Hi everybody,
            > >
            > >                                   I am very new to SOAP, can
            anybody
            > > provide me some example package of SOAP with PHP server and only
            XML for
            > > client.  Actually i have downloaded the NuSoap Package, but i
            have to
            > > create a webservice and have to provide only xml to my customers,
            In
            > > Nusoap the client uses the package ( Class File   nusoap.php ) ,
            and in
            > > this case only customers who are using PHP as there enviournment
            can use
            > > it. I need somthing(Only With XML) at client side which is
            plateform
            > > Independent.
            > >
            > > If any body uses NuSoap with only XML at client Please Help
            Me !!!!!!

            > > thanks In Advance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            > >
            > > Best Regards
            > >
            > > Vikas

            You can search right from your browser? It's easy and it's free.  See how.
            http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/W6uqlB/TM

          • Vikas Sheoran
            Message 5 of 7 , May 14, 2006
              Thanks for the Info Anne,
                                                   Can you provide me some sample code for that ? I'll be very thankful to you.

              Best Regards
              Vikas

              Message 6 of 7 , May 15, 2006
                I suggest you query a PHP discussion list for code samples.

                <atmanes@...> wrote:

                > Using the NuSoap package to build a service does not require that
                you use
                > the same NuSoap package on the client. NuSoap will generate an XML
                message
                > packaged in a SOAP envelope, and any client can interpret the
                message using
                > only XML or using any other SOAP client package (for any programming
                > language).
                >
                > Anne
                >
                > On 5/12/06, vikas_mdu <vikas_mdu@...> wrote:
                > >

                > > Hi everybody,
                > >
                > >                                   I am very new to SOAP, can
                anybody
                > > provide me some example package of SOAP with PHP server and only
                XML for
                > > client.  Actually i have downloaded the NuSoap Package, but i
                have to
                > > create a webservice and have to provide only xml to my customers,
                In
                > > Nusoap the client uses the package ( Class File   nusoap.php ) ,
                and in
                > > this case only customers who are using PHP as there enviournment
                can use
                > > it. I need somthing(Only With XML) at client side which is
                plateform
                > > Independent.
                > >
                > > If any body uses NuSoap with only XML at client Please Help
                Me !!!!!!

                > > thanks In Advance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                > >
                > > Best Regards
                > >
                > > Vikas

                You can search right from your browser? It's easy and it's free.  See how.
                http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/W6uqlB/TM

                Protocol analyzer Ssl protocol Protocol converter
                Sip protocol Protocol analysis Protocol

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS