Python client .NET server XMLElement parameter

  • ken.parrish
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23, 2006
      The larger question is this: In an interoperable environment where a
      web service is deployed in .NET, but consumed by Python, what must be
      done to get these two to make nice with each other. I would like the
      parameter to my web service to be an XmlElement--that is take a
      'snippet' of XML as a parameter. Works in .NET, but a never ending
      battle to get Python to behave and do the right thing.

      I have a web service implemented in .NET that takes a parameter of
      type XmlElement as a parameter. The purpose is to pass into this web
      service a snippet of well formed XML, but for which the schema of that
      XML snippet need only be well formed, but not schema validated.

      With a .NET client, this works just fine if the SOAP binding use is
      set to Literal [SoapDocumentService (Use=SoapBindingUse.Literal)].
      But, Python cannot digest any web service that uses Literal binding.
      If I set the binding to Encoded, then even .NET and IE complain that
      XmlElement type is not supported for Encoded bindings, only Literal
      may be used.

      Is is possible to have Python (I think the library being used is
      SOAPpy) use the Literal bindings instead of the Encoded bindings.

      I am not the Python programmer, so Python is a bit of a mystery here.

      Help.

      Thanks,

      KRP
    • Joshua Boverhof
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 24, 2006
        SOAPpy isn't appropriate for this usage, try ZSI.

        ZSI 2.0 RC2 was released today. Mainly consists of bugfixes from
        previous RC.

        Download options:

        - http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/ZSI/
        - http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?
        group_id=26590&package_id=30660
        - easy_install -U ZSI

        There are experimental twisted resources included in this release. In
        order to build ZSI with these use the following command:

        python setup.py build --twisted install

        -josh