- Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) Interop Plug-fest - 7-9 March 2006 Microsoft Corporation would like to invite you to a 3-day Windows CommunicationsMessage 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2006View Source
Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) Interop Plug-fest – 7-9 March 2006
Microsoft Corporation would like to invite you to a 3-day Windows Communications Foundation (WCF) Interop Plug-fest on Tuesday March 7, 2006 to Thursday March 9, 2006 from 09:30am to 5pm each day.
The Windows Communication Foundation Interop Plug-fest is an ad-hoc, open forum for companies who have implementations of various Web Services protocols to meet with engineers from the Connected Systems Group and test against the upcoming version of Microsoft's Windows Communication Foundation (formerly known as codename Indigo) product.
Plug-fest attendees should bring their own laptops, their implementations and any other tools they feel would be useful. A scenario document is available to attendees of the plug-fest before the event, and progress of interoperating implementations will be tracked throughout the event.
The focus of these plug-fest meetings is on interop testing, so no feedback will be taken on the WS-* specifications themselves. As a result, there is no requirement to sign any feedback agreement or other legal agreement before attending this plug-fest.
This plug-fest will be held at the Microsoft campus in Redmond, WA – see full address details below.
An internet connection will be available during the plug-fest.
Breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks will be served, but participants will be responsible for their own dinner arrangements.
Please make any special dietary requirements known in advance, and every effort will be made to accommodate them.
This plug-fest event is open to anyone who desires to participate and who can bring an implementation to test interoperability with Microsoft's Windows Communication Foundation product in any or all of the following areas:
- Basic Messaging Scenarios using protocols: SOAP1.1, SOAP1.2, WS-Addressing 2004/08, MTOM
- Message Security Scenarios using WS-Security 1.0, WS-Security 1.1, WS Secure Conversation 2005/02, WS-Trust 2005/02, Username Token Profile (1.0, 1.1), X509 Token Profile (1.0, 1.1), SAML Token Profile (1.0, 1.1), Kerberos Token Profile 1.1.
- STS- Security Token Service scenarios
- Reliable Messaging using WS-RM 2005/02
- Transactions using WS-AtomicTransaction and WS-Coordination
- WS-Policy and WS-MetadataExchange are included in several scenarios
Scenarios documents and online test endpoints are provided to help preparation for the event at
We also recommend you join the WS-Builders@yahoogroups.com discussion group and use it for any questions around scenarios documents and WCF endpoints.
Feel free to pass this invitation along, either in your company or elsewhere. This is an open forum. No invitation is required, but an RSVP is appreciated by the event hosts to facilitate accurate logistics planning. The list of attendees and general plug-fest results will be made public after the event.
Thank you and we look forward to your participation.
for Microsoft Corporation
WCF Plug-fest Interop Endpoint
Advanced Web Services Interop Discussion List
Microsoft Building 40
Conference Room: 40/Steptoe
15563 N.E. 31st
Redmond, WA 98052
Phone: (425) 706-0040
Nearest Airport: Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
Below are details of some hotels close to the Microsoft campus.