WSDL 2.0 CR - Call for Implementations

  • jmarsh_microsoft
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 12, 2006
      The WSDL 2.0 specification [1,2,3] is now officially a W3C Candidate
      Recommendation, the phase during which we test the implementability
      of the spec and interoperability of those implementations. This
      flushes out inconsistencies, edge cases, and ambiguities in the spec
      that are noticed during implementation.

      The Working Group needs to provide evidence that the spec is and
      will have independent implementations before moving to final
      Recommendation status. Accordingly, the Working Group is very
      interested in hearing about any implementations of the
      specification, and invites implementers to contact the WG with
      details of their implementations and to try out their
      implementations against and contribute to the small but growing WSDL
      2.0 Test Suite [4]. We also plan to hold an interoperability event
      as the implementations and test suite mature, which will be open to
      all implementers of the specification.

      [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-wsdl20-primer-20060106/
      [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-wsdl20-20060106
      [3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-wsdl20-adjuncts-20060106
      [4] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/test-
      suite/index.html

      - Jonathan Marsh
      W3C WS Description WG co-chair
    • Steve Loughran
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 15, 2006
        On 1/12/06, jmarsh_microsoft <jmarsh@...> wrote:
        > The WSDL 2.0 specification [1,2,3] is now officially a W3C Candidate
        > Recommendation, the phase during which we test the implementability
        > of the spec and interoperability of those implementations. This
        > flushes out inconsistencies, edge cases, and ambiguities in the spec
        > that are noticed during implementation.

        What is the URL for the test suite that can be used to formally define
        a correct implementation?

        -Steve
      • Isuru Nishan Samaraweera
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 15, 2006

          You can join this mailing list if you are willing to submit  testcases.
          Isuru

          Steve Loughran <steve.loughran.soapbuilders@...> wrote:
          On 1/12/06, jmarsh_microsoft <jmarsh@...> wrote:
          > The WSDL 2.0 specification [1,2,3] is now officially a W3C Candidate
          > Recommendation, the phase during which we test the implementability
          > of the spec and interoperability of those implementations.  This
          > flushes out inconsistencies, edge cases, and ambiguities in the spec
          > that are noticed during implementation.

          What is the URL for the test suite that can be used to formally define
          a correct implementation?

          -Steve

          Yahoo! Photos

        • Steve Loughran
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 16, 2006
            On 1/15/06, Isuru Nishan Samaraweera <isurunishan2000@...> wrote:

            > Test suite for WSDL 2.0 is http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/
            >
            > You can join this mailing list if you are willing to submit testcases.
            > www-ws-desc@...
            > Isuru

            Thank you. I shall start with some consultation on how to validate XSD
            under Ant.