Re: soap fault interoperability between axis and .net

  • ravitejav
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 9, 2006
      yeah true,

      but the webservice is a third party one, so i dont have control over
      the format it returns. without fixing the format, .net client would
      throw an XML exception instead of SoapException, which is making
      things difficult for me to take appropriate actions

      Ravi
      --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, Simon Fell <ws@z...> wrote:

      > One additional thing, is what are you expecting .NET to do with
      this?
      > it won't for example map this to .NET exceptions based on faults
      > defined in the WSDL (they're all ignored), the .NET code is left
      > having to walk a DOM fragment to pick apart your fault.
      >
      > For this reason i prefer using the standard faultCode qname and
      > faultString to convey as much error information as possible.
      >
      > Cheers
      > Simon
      > www.pocketsoap.com
      >
      > On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:10:43 -0500, in ws you wrote:
      >
      > >.NET should be able to deal with encoded faults, though (at least
      it
      > >used to). The issue here might be that there isn't an
      encodingStyle
      > >attribute on the fault element... and in fact looking closer this
      > >doesn't even look like valid XML! The ns1:fault element doesn't
      have a
      > >close tag for instance....er, was this a bad cut and paste?
      > >
      > >--Glen
      > >
      > >Anne Thomas Manes wrote:
      > >> Use document/literal -- not rpc/encoded.

      Though i

      >>>http://www.lvlspc.com/sms/lvlapi/r06_00_01/NumbService"/<http://www
      .lvlspc.com/sms/lvlapi/r06_00_01/NumbService%22/>

      >>>http://xml.apache.org/axis/">com.lvlspc.lvl.api.r06_00_01.model.LVL
      APIInternalException</ns2:exceptionName<http://xml.apache.org/axis/%
      22%3Ecom.lvlspc.lvl.api.r06_00_01.model.LVLAPIInternalException%
      3C/ns2:exceptionname>

      >>>http://www.lvlspc.com/sms/lvlapi/r06_00_01/NumbService<http://www.l
      vlspc.com/sms/lvlapi/r06_00_01/NumbService%22/>
      </message>