Re: [soapbuilders] soap fault interoperability between axis and .net

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 6, 2006
      One additional thing, is what are you expecting .NET to do with this?
      it won't for example map this to .NET exceptions based on faults
      defined in the WSDL (they're all ignored), the .NET code is left
      having to walk a DOM fragment to pick apart your fault.

      For this reason i prefer using the standard faultCode qname and
      faultString to convey as much error information as possible.

      www.pocketsoap.com

    • ravitejav
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 9, 2006
        yeah true,

        but the webservice is a third party one, so i dont have control over
        the format it returns. without fixing the format, .net client would
        throw an XML exception instead of SoapException, which is making
        things difficult for me to take appropriate actions

        Ravi