Re: [soapbuilders] Re: soap fault interoperability between axis and .net

  • Derek Wong
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 5, 2006
      Dear ALL,

      I need some help on a web service about rececing DIME attachment.
      Please contact me if you have experience in writing a SOAP service that can receive DIME attachment.
      I am willing to pay for the project.

      thanks,

      Derek

      On 1/5/06, ravitejav <ravitejav@...> wrote:
      is there some way i can tell the client side to de-serialize the soap
      message in rpc/encoded.

      and also, i read that soap fault format is the same irrespective of
      the encoding. im not sure on this though.

      --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, Anne Thomas Manes <atmanes@g...>

      wrote:

      > Use document/literal -- not rpc/encoded.
      >
      > On 1/5/06, ravitejav <ravitejav@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > I am writing a .net client to a java webserivce hosted on axis.
      Though i
      > > fixed the interoperability issue of soap messages with arrays by,
      > > intercepting the soap message before de-serializing, parse it and
      fix the
      > > arrays in the way .net understands them.
      > >
      > > Now, i am having trouble dealing with soap faults. I am not able
      to wrap
      > > my brain around the fault format that makes .net framework accept.
      > >
      > > Does anybody know, what is the format that .net is looking for on
      a soap
      > > fault.
      > >
      > > this is the soap fault format that im recieving from the
      webservice. can
      > > one which part of this soap fault is causing the problem with .net
      > > framework.
      > >
      > > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      > > <soapenv:Envelope
      > > xmlnssd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlnssi="
      > > http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
      > >  <soapenv:Body>
      > >   <soapenv:Fault>
      > >    <faultcode>soapenv:Server.generalException</faultcode>
      > >    <faultstring></faultstring>
      > >    <detail>
      > >     <ns1:fault href="#id0" xmlns:ns1="

      http://www.lvlspc.com/sms/lvlapi/r06_00_01/NumbService"/< http://www.lv
      lspc.com/sms/lvlapi/r06_00_01/NumbService%22/>

      > >     <ns2:exceptionName xmlns:ns2="

      http://xml.apache.org/axis/">com.lvlspc.lvl.api.r06_00_01.model.LVLAPI
      InternalException</ns2:exceptionName<http://xml.apache.org/axis/%22%
      3Ecom.lvlspc.lvl.api.r06_00_01.model.LVLAPIInternalException%
      3C/ns2:exceptionname>

      > >    </detail>
      > >   </soapenv:Fault>
      > >   <multiRef id="id0" soapenc:root="0" soapenv:encodingStyle="
      > > http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
      > > xsi:type="ns3:SMSAPIInternalException" xmlns:soapenc="
      > > http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:ns3="

      http://www.lvlspc.com/sms/lvlapi/r06_00_01/NumbService< http://www.lvls
      pc.com/sms/lvlapi/r06_00_01/NumbService%22/>
      > > ">
      > >    <message xsi:type="xsd:string">Invalid Directory Number Key
      > > (com.lvlspc.lvl.common.LVLException: no user message defined)
      </message>
      > >    <errorCode xsi:type="soapenc:int">-9999</errorCode>
      > >    <messageKey xsi:type="xsd:string" xsi:nil="true"/>
      > >   </multiRef>
      > >  </soapenv:Body>
      > > </soapenv:Envelope>
      > >
      > > any help or, any other information is greatly appreciated
      > >

      > > Ravi

      > >    -  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
      > >    Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
      > >

      > >  ------------------------------

      Protocol analyzer Ssl protocol Protocol converter
      Sip protocol Protocol analysis Protocol

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 6, 2006
        One additional thing, is what are you expecting .NET to do with this?
        it won't for example map this to .NET exceptions based on faults
        defined in the WSDL (they're all ignored), the .NET code is left
        having to walk a DOM fragment to pick apart your fault.

        For this reason i prefer using the standard faultCode qname and
        faultString to convey as much error information as possible.

        www.pocketsoap.com

      • ravitejav
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 9, 2006
          yeah true,

          but the webservice is a third party one, so i dont have control over
          the format it returns. without fixing the format, .net client would
          throw an XML exception instead of SoapException, which is making
          things difficult for me to take appropriate actions

          Ravi