Is WS-I Basic Profile 1.1 supported by Microsoft .NET framework 1.1?

  • askaarus
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2006

      I posted a question here yesterday regarding inconformance to WS-I
      Basic Profile 1.1. I started thinking if it has something to do with
      the .NET framework. We use .NET framework 1.1 - maybe this does not
      support Basic Profile 1.1, does anyone know?

      Thanks in advance!
      Regards,
      Annette Skår
    • Anne Thomas Manes
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2006
        It depends on what you mean by "support". You *can* develop WS-I BP compliant services with .NET 1.1. But .NET 1.1 cannot necessarily interoperate with all WS-I BP compliant services. For example, WS-I BP allows services to use rpc/literal, but .NET 1.1 does not support rpc/literal.

        See this link for information about developing WS-I compliant services with .NET:
        http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsvcinter/html/WSI-BP_MSDN_LandingPage.asp

        Anne

        On 1/4/06, askaarus <askaarus@...> wrote:
        Hi,

        I posted a question here yesterday regarding inconformance to WS-I
        Basic Profile 1.1. I started thinking if it has something to do with
        the .NET framework. We use .NET framework 1.1 - maybe this does not
        support Basic Profile 1.1, does anyone know?

        Thanks in advance!
        Regards,
        Annette Skår

      • Annette Skaar
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2006

          Thanks for the information. What I mean is that a webservice created in Visual Studio 2003 with .Net framework 1.1 does not pass the Analyzer tool (from WS-I) with Basic Profile 1.1 Basic Profile 1.0, on the other hand, passes ok.

          Regards,
          Annette

          Anne Thomas Manes <atmanes@...> wrote:
[...]

          Yahoo! Photos