Re: [soapbuilders] Re: WS-I Basic Profile 1.1 Assertion BP1212 fails in Analyzer tool!

  • Annette Skaar
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
      Hi Eric,

      Thanks for the tip, I will look into it. I believe we have one Webservice where two webmethods have the same name, but this does not apply for the rest of the methods, which also fails... That is what I think is strange. I also donwloaded the tools from the WS-I website just recently.

      Thanks!
      Regards,
      Annette Skår

      erikj999 <ejohnson@...> wrote:
      [Sorry if this message gets duplicated]
      Annette,
      I sort of recall seeing an issue like this in .NET / BP 1.x if you have multiple methods that take an argument with the same name (or if you have overloaded a method name).  In other words, two methods with identical parameter sets seem to trigger the assertion.
      …
      [WebMethod]
      public void foo(string theInput)
      {
      }
      [WebMethod]
      public void bar(string theInput)
      {
      }
      …
      I could be wrong, but your description jogged my memory and wanted to pass this along.  Also make sure you have the latest test tools.  At times the Java and C# test tools have been a little out of sync with each other.
      Best Regards,
      Erik Johnson
      Epicor Software

      --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, Annette Skaar <askaarus@y...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I have attached the wsdl-file (Text.wsdl) as we have not published the new code yet. In addition, I have attached the tracelog-file from the Monitor (tracelogText.xml) and the reportfile (reportText.xml) from the Analyzer.
      >
      > Thanks for looking at this!
      >
      > Regards,
      > Annette
      >

      > Christopher Ferris chrisfer@u... wrote:
      > Annette,
      >
      > In addition to the WSDL, an example of the SOAP message that is
      > causing R1212 to fail would be helpful.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Bhuvan Gupta" bhuvan@i... wrote:
      > >
      > > Annette,