Re: WS-I Basic Profile 1.1 Assertion BP1212 fails in Analyzer tool!

  • erikj999
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006

      [Sorry if this message gets duplicated]

      Annette,

      I sort of recall seeing an issue like this in .NET / BP 1.x if you have multiple methods that take an argument with the same name (or if you have overloaded a method name).  In other words, two methods with identical parameter sets seem to trigger the assertion.

      …
      [WebMethod]
      public void foo(string theInput)
      {
      }

      [WebMethod]
      public void bar(string theInput)
      {
      }
      …

      I could be wrong, but your description jogged my memory and wanted to pass this along.  Also make sure you have the latest test tools.  At times the Java and C# test tools have been a little out of sync with each other.

      Best Regards,

      Erik Johnson
      Epicor Software

      --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, Annette Skaar <askaarus@y...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I have attached the wsdl-file (Text.wsdl) as we have not published the new code yet. In addition, I have attached the tracelog-file from the Monitor (tracelogText.xml) and the reportfile (reportText.xml) from the Analyzer.
      >
      > Thanks for looking at this!
      >
      > Regards,
      > Annette
      >

      > Christopher Ferris chrisfer@u... wrote:
      > Annette,
      >
      > In addition to the WSDL, an example of the SOAP message that is
      > causing R1212 to fail would be helpful.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Bhuvan Gupta" bhuvan@i... wrote:
      > >
      > > Annette,
      > >
      > > Please post your WSDL.
      > >
      > > -Bhuvan

    • Annette Skaar
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
        Hi again,

        If you have any problems with my attachments, I have also published the wsdl here:

        Let me know if you need any more information!

        The Analyzer reports of failure in section Artifact: envelope. The assertion that fails is BP1212:

        "The envelope contains exactly one part accessor element for each of the wsdl:part elements bound to the envelope's corresponding soapbind:body element."

        giving error message:

        "The content of the soap:Body element is inconsistent with its description. The envelope does not contain exactly one part accessor element for each of the wsdl:part elements bound to the envelope's corresponding soapbind:body element."

        Here is one for the messages from the report-file:

        "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><soap:Body><GetDescription xmlns="http://synergi.com"><inDomain>3</inDomain><inLanguageCodeIso>1</inLanguageCodeIso><inText>2640</inText></GetDescription></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>"

        Thanks!
        Regards,
        Annette Skår

        Christopher Ferris <chrisfer@...> wrote:
        Annette,

        In addition to the WSDL, an example of the SOAP message that is
        causing R1212 to fail would be helpful.

        Cheers,

        --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Bhuvan Gupta" <bhuvan@i...> wrote:

        > Annette,
        >
        > Please post your WSDL.
        >
        > -Bhuvan

        Yahoo! Shopping

      • Annette Skaar
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
          Hi Eric,

          Thanks for the tip, I will look into it. I believe we have one Webservice where two webmethods have the same name, but this does not apply for the rest of the methods, which also fails... That is what I think is strange. I also donwloaded the tools from the WS-I website just recently.

          Thanks!
          Regards,
          Annette Skår

          Yahoo! Shopping