Re: [soapbuilders] Re: WS-I Basic Profile 1.1 Assertion BP1212 fails in Analyzer tool!

  • Annette Skaar
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
      Hi,

      I have attached the wsdl-file (Text.wsdl) as we have not published the new code yet. In addition, I have attached the tracelog-file from the Monitor (tracelogText.xml) and the reportfile (reportText.xml) from the Analyzer.

      Thanks for looking at this!

      Regards,
      Annette

      Christopher Ferris <chrisfer@...> wrote:
      Annette,

      In addition to the WSDL, an example of the SOAP message that is
      causing R1212 to fail would be helpful.

      Cheers,

      --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Bhuvan Gupta" <bhuvan@i...> wrote:

      > Annette,
      >
      > Please post your WSDL.
      >
      > -Bhuvan

      Yahoo! Shopping
    • erikj999
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006

        [Sorry if this message gets duplicated]

        Annette,

        I sort of recall seeing an issue like this in .NET / BP 1.x if you have multiple methods that take an argument with the same name (or if you have overloaded a method name).  In other words, two methods with identical parameter sets seem to trigger the assertion.

        …
        [WebMethod]
        public void foo(string theInput)
        {
        }

        [WebMethod]
        public void bar(string theInput)
        {
        }
        …

        I could be wrong, but your description jogged my memory and wanted to pass this along.  Also make sure you have the latest test tools.  At times the Java and C# test tools have been a little out of sync with each other.

        Best Regards,

        Erik Johnson
        Epicor Software

        --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, Annette Skaar <askaarus@y...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I have attached the wsdl-file (Text.wsdl) as we have not published the new code yet. In addition, I have attached the tracelog-file from the Monitor (tracelogText.xml) and the reportfile (reportText.xml) from the Analyzer.
        >
        > Thanks for looking at this!
        >
        > Regards,
        > Annette
        >

        > Christopher Ferris chrisfer@u... wrote:
        > Annette,
        >
        > In addition to the WSDL, an example of the SOAP message that is
        > causing R1212 to fail would be helpful.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Bhuvan Gupta" bhuvan@i... wrote:
        > >
        > > Annette,
        > >
        > > Please post your WSDL.
        > >
        > > -Bhuvan

      • Annette Skaar
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
          Hi again,

          If you have any problems with my attachments, I have also published the wsdl here:

          Let me know if you need any more information!

          The Analyzer reports of failure in section Artifact: envelope. The assertion that fails is BP1212:

          "The envelope contains exactly one part accessor element for each of the wsdl:part elements bound to the envelope's corresponding soapbind:body element."

          giving error message:

          "The content of the soap:Body element is inconsistent with its description. The envelope does not contain exactly one part accessor element for each of the wsdl:part elements bound to the envelope's corresponding soapbind:body element."

          Here is one for the messages from the report-file:

          "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><soap:Body><GetDescription xmlns="http://synergi.com"><inDomain>3</inDomain><inLanguageCodeIso>1</inLanguageCodeIso><inText>2640</inText></GetDescription></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>"

          Thanks!
          Regards,
          Annette Skår

          Christopher Ferris <chrisfer@...> wrote:
          Annette,

          In addition to the WSDL, an example of the SOAP message that is
          causing R1212 to fail would be helpful.

          Cheers,

          --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Bhuvan Gupta" <bhuvan@i...> wrote:

          > Annette,
          >
          > Please post your WSDL.
          >
          > -Bhuvan

          Yahoo! Shopping

        • Annette Skaar
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
            Hi Eric,

            Thanks for the tip, I will look into it. I believe we have one Webservice where two webmethods have the same name, but this does not apply for the rest of the methods, which also fails... That is what I think is strange. I also donwloaded the tools from the WS-I website just recently.

            Thanks!
            Regards,
            Annette Skår

            Yahoo! Shopping