Re: [soapbuilders] WS-I Basic Profile 1.1 Assertion BP1212 fails in Analyzer tool!

  • Bhuvan Gupta
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
      Annette,

      Please post your WSDL.

      -Bhuvan
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "askaarus" <askaarus@...>
      To: <soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 5:01 PM
      Subject: [soapbuilders] WS-I Basic Profile 1.1 Assertion BP1212 fails in
      Analyzer tool!

      > Hi,
      >
      > I have developed a set of webservices that I want to conform with
      > the WS-I Basic Profile 1.1. After running the WS-I Analyzer tool, I
      > have the same (1) error in all my webservices, caused by non-
      > conformance to assertion BP1212 (R2212), giving error message:
      >
      > "The content of the soap:Body element is inconsistent with its
      > description. The envelope does not contain exactly one part accessor
      > element for each of the wsdl:part elements bound to the envelope's
      > corresponding soapbind:body element".
      >
      > I have not been able to figure out what causes this error... Can
      > anyone help with this?? The webservices I have are developed in
      > C#.NET and are "normal". Taking in arguments of simple data types as
      > int, string and boolean, returning an int, string or boolean.
      >
      > I would greatly appreciate any help on this problem!
      > Regards,
      > Annette Skår

      > Fiorano MailServer
      > All incoming and outgoing mails are scanned for Virus and Spam
      > http://www.fiorano.com

      Fiorano MailServer
      All incoming and outgoing mails are scanned for Virus and Spam
      http://www.fiorano.com
    • Christopher Ferris
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
        Annette,

        In addition to the WSDL, an example of the SOAP message that is
        causing R1212 to fail would be helpful.

        Cheers,

        --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Bhuvan Gupta" <bhuvan@i...> wrote:

        > Annette,
        >
        > Please post your WSDL.
        >
        > -Bhuvan

      • Annette Skaar
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
          Hi,

          I have attached the wsdl-file (Text.wsdl) as we have not published the new code yet. In addition, I have attached the tracelog-file from the Monitor (tracelogText.xml) and the reportfile (reportText.xml) from the Analyzer.

          Thanks for looking at this!

          Regards,
          Annette

          Christopher Ferris <chrisfer@...> wrote:
          Annette,

          In addition to the WSDL, an example of the SOAP message that is
          causing R1212 to fail would be helpful.

          Cheers,

          --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Bhuvan Gupta" <bhuvan@i...> wrote:

          > Annette,
          >
          > Please post your WSDL.
          >
          > -Bhuvan

          Yahoo! Shopping
        • erikj999
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006

            [Sorry if this message gets duplicated]

            Annette,

            I sort of recall seeing an issue like this in .NET / BP 1.x if you have multiple methods that take an argument with the same name (or if you have overloaded a method name).  In other words, two methods with identical parameter sets seem to trigger the assertion.

            …
            [WebMethod]
            public void foo(string theInput)
            {
            }

            [WebMethod]
            public void bar(string theInput)
            {
            }
            …

            I could be wrong, but your description jogged my memory and wanted to pass this along.  Also make sure you have the latest test tools.  At times the Java and C# test tools have been a little out of sync with each other.

            Best Regards,

            Erik Johnson
            Epicor Software

            --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, Annette Skaar <askaarus@y...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > I have attached the wsdl-file (Text.wsdl) as we have not published the new code yet. In addition, I have attached the tracelog-file from the Monitor (tracelogText.xml) and the reportfile (reportText.xml) from the Analyzer.
            >
            > Thanks for looking at this!
            >
            > Regards,
            > Annette
            >

            > Christopher Ferris chrisfer@u... wrote:
            > Annette,
            >
            > In addition to the WSDL, an example of the SOAP message that is
            > causing R1212 to fail would be helpful.
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Bhuvan Gupta" bhuvan@i... wrote:
            > >
            > > Annette,
            > >
            > > Please post your WSDL.
            > >
            > > -Bhuvan

          • Annette Skaar
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
              Hi again,

              If you have any problems with my attachments, I have also published the wsdl here:

              Let me know if you need any more information!

              The Analyzer reports of failure in section Artifact: envelope. The assertion that fails is BP1212:

              "The envelope contains exactly one part accessor element for each of the wsdl:part elements bound to the envelope's corresponding soapbind:body element."

              giving error message:

              "The content of the soap:Body element is inconsistent with its description. The envelope does not contain exactly one part accessor element for each of the wsdl:part elements bound to the envelope's corresponding soapbind:body element."

              Here is one for the messages from the report-file:

              "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><soap:Body><GetDescription xmlns="http://synergi.com"><inDomain>3</inDomain><inLanguageCodeIso>1</inLanguageCodeIso><inText>2640</inText></GetDescription></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>"

              Thanks!
              Regards,
              Annette Skår

              Christopher Ferris <chrisfer@...> wrote:
              Annette,

              In addition to the WSDL, an example of the SOAP message that is
              causing R1212 to fail would be helpful.

              Cheers,

              --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Bhuvan Gupta" <bhuvan@i...> wrote:

              > Annette,
              >
              > Please post your WSDL.
              >
              > -Bhuvan

              Yahoo! Shopping

            • Annette Skaar
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
                Hi Eric,

                Thanks for the tip, I will look into it. I believe we have one Webservice where two webmethods have the same name, but this does not apply for the rest of the methods, which also fails... That is what I think is strange. I also donwloaded the tools from the WS-I website just recently.

                Thanks!
                Regards,
                Annette Skår

                Yahoo! Shopping