WS-I Basic Profile 1.1 Assertion BP1212 fails in Analyzer tool!

  • askaarus
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
      Hi,

      I have developed a set of webservices that I want to conform with
      the WS-I Basic Profile 1.1. After running the WS-I Analyzer tool, I
      have the same (1) error in all my webservices, caused by non-
      conformance to assertion BP1212 (R2212), giving error message:

      "The content of the soap:Body element is inconsistent with its
      description. The envelope does not contain exactly one part accessor
      element for each of the wsdl:part elements bound to the envelope's
      corresponding soapbind:body element".

      I have not been able to figure out what causes this error... Can
      anyone help with this?? The webservices I have are developed in
      C#.NET and are "normal". Taking in arguments of simple data types as
      int, string and boolean, returning an int, string or boolean.

      I would greatly appreciate any help on this problem!
      Regards,
      Annette Skår
    • Bhuvan Gupta
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
        Annette,

        Please post your WSDL.

        -Bhuvan
        > I have developed a set of webservices that I want to conform with
        > the WS-I Basic Profile 1.1. After running the WS-I Analyzer tool, I
        > have the same (1) error in all my webservices, caused by non-
        > conformance to assertion BP1212 (R2212), giving error message:
        >
        > "The content of the soap:Body element is inconsistent with its
        > description. The envelope does not contain exactly one part accessor
        > element for each of the wsdl:part elements bound to the envelope's
        > corresponding soapbind:body element".
        >
        > I have not been able to figure out what causes this error... Can
        > anyone help with this?? The webservices I have are developed in
        > C#.NET and are "normal". Taking in arguments of simple data types as
        > int, string and boolean, returning an int, string or boolean.
        >
        > I would greatly appreciate any help on this problem!
        > Regards,
        > Annette Skår

        > Fiorano MailServer
        > All incoming and outgoing mails are scanned for Virus and Spam
        > http://www.fiorano.com

        Fiorano MailServer
        All incoming and outgoing mails are scanned for Virus and Spam
        http://www.fiorano.com
      • Christopher Ferris
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
          Annette,

          In addition to the WSDL, an example of the SOAP message that is
          causing R1212 to fail would be helpful.

          Cheers,

          --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Bhuvan Gupta" <bhuvan@i...> wrote:

          > Annette,
          >
          > Please post your WSDL.
          >
          > -Bhuvan

        • Annette Skaar
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
            Hi,

            I have attached the wsdl-file (Text.wsdl) as we have not published the new code yet. In addition, I have attached the tracelog-file from the Monitor (tracelogText.xml) and the reportfile (reportText.xml) from the Analyzer.

            Thanks for looking at this!

            Regards,
            Annette

            Christopher Ferris <chrisfer@...> wrote:
            Annette,

            In addition to the WSDL, an example of the SOAP message that is
            causing R1212 to fail would be helpful.

            Cheers,

            --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Bhuvan Gupta" <bhuvan@i...> wrote:

            > Annette,
            >
            > Please post your WSDL.
            >
            > -Bhuvan

            Yahoo! Shopping
          • erikj999
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006

              [Sorry if this message gets duplicated]

              Annette,

              I sort of recall seeing an issue like this in .NET / BP 1.x if you have multiple methods that take an argument with the same name (or if you have overloaded a method name).  In other words, two methods with identical parameter sets seem to trigger the assertion.

              …
              [WebMethod]
              public void foo(string theInput)
              {
              }

              [WebMethod]
              public void bar(string theInput)
              {
              }
              …

              I could be wrong, but your description jogged my memory and wanted to pass this along.  Also make sure you have the latest test tools.  At times the Java and C# test tools have been a little out of sync with each other.

              Best Regards,

              Erik Johnson
              Epicor Software

              --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, Annette Skaar <askaarus@y...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > I have attached the wsdl-file (Text.wsdl) as we have not published the new code yet. In addition, I have attached the tracelog-file from the Monitor (tracelogText.xml) and the reportfile (reportText.xml) from the Analyzer.
              >
              > Thanks for looking at this!
              >
              > Regards,
              > Annette
              >

              > Christopher Ferris chrisfer@u... wrote:
              > Annette,
              >
              > In addition to the WSDL, an example of the SOAP message that is
              > causing R1212 to fail would be helpful.
              >
              > Cheers,
              >
              > --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Bhuvan Gupta" bhuvan@i... wrote:
              > >
              > > Annette,
              > >
              > > Please post your WSDL.
              > >
              > > -Bhuvan

            • Annette Skaar
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
                Hi again,

                If you have any problems with my attachments, I have also published the wsdl here:

                Let me know if you need any more information!

                The Analyzer reports of failure in section Artifact: envelope. The assertion that fails is BP1212:

                "The envelope contains exactly one part accessor element for each of the wsdl:part elements bound to the envelope's corresponding soapbind:body element."

                giving error message:

                "The content of the soap:Body element is inconsistent with its description. The envelope does not contain exactly one part accessor element for each of the wsdl:part elements bound to the envelope's corresponding soapbind:body element."

                Here is one for the messages from the report-file:

                "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><soap:Body><GetDescription xmlns="http://synergi.com"><inDomain>3</inDomain><inLanguageCodeIso>1</inLanguageCodeIso><inText>2640</inText></GetDescription></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>"

                Thanks!
                Regards,
                Annette Skår

                Christopher Ferris <chrisfer@...> wrote:
                Annette,

                In addition to the WSDL, an example of the SOAP message that is
                causing R1212 to fail would be helpful.

                Cheers,

                --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Bhuvan Gupta" <bhuvan@i...> wrote:

                > Annette,
                >
                > Please post your WSDL.
                >
                > -Bhuvan

                Yahoo! Shopping

              • Annette Skaar
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
                  Hi Eric,

                  Thanks for the tip, I will look into it. I believe we have one Webservice where two webmethods have the same name, but this does not apply for the rest of the methods, which also fails... That is what I think is strange. I also donwloaded the tools from the WS-I website just recently.

                  Thanks!
                  Regards,
                  Annette Skår

                  Yahoo! Shopping