TCP Binding in Axis2 (Re: [soapbuilders] [ANN] [Axis2] Axis2 0.93 Released)

  • Davanum Srinivas
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2005
      Folks,

      JMS support has been ported to Axis2 SVN head (from Axis 1.X). No, our
      TCP support is not compatible with Indigo's NetProfileTCPBinding. Any
      pointers other than the following would be of great help to making it
      happen.

      http://beuchelt.blogdns.net:8080/2005/09/21/Framing+In+Indigo.aspx
      http://beuchelt.blogdns.net:8080/2005/10/05/More+On+The+Indigo+TCP+Transport.aspx

      Thanks,
      dims

      On 12/5/05, Steve Loughran <steve.loughran.soapbuilders@...> wrote:
      > On 12/5/05, Tim Ewald <tim@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > So the TCP support is compatible with Indigo? That's really the case that I
      > > care about.
      >
      > I dont think Axis2 has even begun to look at any non-HTTP transports.
      > No compelling need :)

    • Christian Weyer
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 19, 2005
        I wll try to get more in-depth info. Stay tuned...

        Cheers,
        Christian

        --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, Davanum Srinivas <davanum@g...>
        wrote:

        > Folks,
        >
        > JMS support has been ported to Axis2 SVN head (from Axis 1.X). No, our
        > TCP support is not compatible with Indigo's NetProfileTCPBinding. Any
        > pointers other than the following would be of great help to making it
        > happen.
        >
        > http://beuchelt.blogdns.net:8080/2005/09/21/Framing+In+Indigo.aspx

        http://beuchelt.blogdns.net:8080/2005/10/05/More+On+The+Indigo+TCP+Transport.aspx

        > Thanks,
        > dims
        >
        > On 12/5/05, Steve Loughran <steve.loughran.soapbuilders@g...> wrote:
        > > On 12/5/05, Tim Ewald <tim@m...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > So the TCP support is compatible with Indigo? That's really the
        case that I
        > > > care about.
        > >
        > > I dont think Axis2 has even begun to look at any non-HTTP transports.
        > > No compelling need :)

        > --

      • Christian Weyer
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 22, 2005
          OK...
          Yes, they haven't published details of the protocol and they plan on
          making changes to the wire format between WCF B2 and RTM.

          So people shouldn't spend a lot of time on it for now.

          Cheers,
          Christian

          --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Christian Weyer"