RE: [soapbuilders] [ANN] [Axis2] Axis2 0.93 Released
- So the TCP support is compatible with Indigo? That's really the case that I care about.Hi Tim,
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Eran Chinthaka
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 9:48 PM
Subject: Re: [soapbuilders] [ANN] [Axis2] Axis2 0.93 Released
We haven't tested that with WSE, but U think it should.
For your information, we had a very successful interoprability workship with Indigo, in the recently held Plug-Fest @ MS.
Tim Ewald wrote:
>Is the SOAP over TCP support compatible with MS WSE or Indigo?
>From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On
>Behalf Of Eran Chinthaka
>Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 12:13 PM
>Subject: [soapbuilders] [ANN] [Axis2] Axis2 0.93 Released
Apache Axis2 team is proud to announce the 0.93 release.
You can download the release from:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/ws/axis2/0_93/ (If you can not
find the distribution in the mirrors, please use the back up sites )
This release includes the following features:
* Complete XML infoset support for AXIOM
* AXIOM, a SOAP specific streaming XML infoset model for SOAP
* Support for one-way messaging and request response messaging
* Modules, mechanism to extend the SOAP processing model
* Archives based deployment model
* WSDL2Java code generation tool for stub and skeltons
* XML Beans based data binding support
* ADB (Axis Data Binding) with complete simple type support and
limited complex type support
* Support for WS-Addressing, both the submission and final versions
* Client API
* REST web service support
* HTTP transport support
* SMTP transport support
* TCP transport support
* MTOM/SWA attachments support
* SAAJ implementation
* WS-Security support using WSS4J
What's new in this release ?
* JDK 1.5 compatibility
* Configurable handler chains using axis2.xml
* Improved class loader hierarchy
* Improved security module with dynamic configurability
* ADB (Axis Data Binding) with complete simple types support and
limited complex type support
* Jalopy based code formatting of generated code
* Proxy support and NTLM authentication
* support for rpc/literal
* And numerous bug fixes after 0.92 release
Experimental features list
1. DOOM - DOM implementation over OM
3. RPC Support
Major changes since last release
1. Refactored org.apache.axis2.clientapi to org.apache.axis2.client
2. Introduction of Options to configure clients
3. Renaming of descriptors. OperationDescription -> AxisOperation,
ServiceDescription -> AxisService, ServiceGroupDescription ->
What's still to do?
Please see a list of what we think needs doing - and please consider
helping out if you're interested & able!
* SOAP 1.1 and 1.2 validation
* JAX-RPC 1.1/2.0 compliance
* Implementation of other transports. e.g. JMS..
* Web Service Policy Support
* WSDL Generation
Axis2 is taking shape, this 0.93 release is a glimpse of 1.0 that
should be comming soon. If you happen to have vision of how the next
generation of the Web Service should be, and like to contribute to
Apache Axis2 please help us to shape the Apache Axis2. Any
contribution in the form of coding, testing, submiting improvements to
the documentation, and reporting bugs are always welcome.
Thanks for your interest in Axis2!
-- The Axis Development Team
This group is a forum for builders of SOAP implementations to discuss
implementation and interoperability issues. Please stay on-topic.
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
* Visit your group "soapbuilders
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soapbuilders> " on the web.
* To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
- On 12/5/05, Tim Ewald <tim@...> wrote:
>I dont think Axis2 has even begun to look at any non-HTTP transports.
> So the TCP support is compatible with Indigo? That's really the case that I
> care about.
No compelling need :)