attachments in soap messages in MIME format

  • xprsme
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2005
      hi everybody
      I have a problem. I need to use MIME attachment for some web service
      call. Is there any solution for C#. I looked for it in msdn but not
      found any solution for MIME encoding support for WS-Attachments. It
      sugguests DIME encoding, but in our environment DIME is not supported.

      Any help appreciated
      Abdurrahman Sahin
    • Thilina Gunarathne
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
        You can try using MTOM rather than with WS-attachments. MTOM is the standardized way to send attachments with SOAP. Even though the specification is still  new we can see more and more interoperating implementations coming up. Eg: Axis2, Indigo...

        MTOM uses MIME for sending attachments.

        HTH.

        ~Thilina

        On 12/1/05, xprsme <abdurrahman.sahin@...> wrote:
        hi everybody
        I have a problem. I need to use MIME attachment for some web service
        call. Is there any solution for C#. I looked for it in msdn but not
        found any solution for MIME encoding support for WS-Attachments. It
        sugguests DIME encoding, but in our environment DIME is not supported.

        Any help appreciated
        Abdurrahman Sahin

        "May the SourcE be with u"
        http://webservices.apache.org/~thilina/
        http://thilinag.blogspot.com/                 http://www.bloglines.com/blog/Thilina
      • Jay Treptow
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005

          You need to use WSE 3.0, which you can download from Microsoft’s web site.  You will also need to use Visual Studio 2005 because it supports SOAP 1.2