packaging of the wsdd files

  • nilesh_s_ghorpade
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2005
      Hi All,

      I am having a strange issue with the client-config.wsdd deployment
      descriptor for my AXIS Web Service client. I have a simple Web
      application in which I have used the AXIS Handlers in order to do some
      amount of processing. I have hence written a client-config.wsdd file
      which has the mention of the handlers which are to be used fot the
      request and the response flow. I have bundled this deployment
      descriptior in a jar file and placed it in the web applications
      WEB-INF/lib folder.

      Now the issue is that when I have the same war deloyed on TOmcat it
      works fine (means my client-config.wsdd file is read and my handlers
      are invoked) However when I deloy the same war on OC4J I am not able
      to get the thing working. I am not sure what the issue really is.

      I have tried using the -D switch for specifying the wsdd file location
      and then it worked on OC4J.

      I have the following set of queries.

      1)Is it correct to have the wsdd file bundled in a jar file and placed
      in the WEB-INF/lib folder? I guess that there is no such restriction
      on the location wherein we place the wsdd file as long as it is found
      in the classpath. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

      2) I have tried placing the wsdd file in the WEB-INF folder as well
      and it doesn't work for me. I wanted to know if there is any other
      approach which can be followed rather than using the "-D" java switch.
      As I am not too happy with this solution.

      Thanks

      Nile
    • Anne Thomas Manes
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 26, 2005
        I suggest you ask this question on the Axis-user list.

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/W6uqlB/TM