Re: [soapbuilders] java webservice client

  • Steve Loughran
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 15, 2005
      On 11/14/05, sudhakar sharma <sudhakar_jpr@...> wrote:
      > Hi Xavier,
      >
      > Thanks a lot .I Created a java web client with the
      > help of this link..Right now i m using wsdl2java
      > complier that bring from axis server..
      > one thing i want to know is there wsdl2java tool
      > avaible that dont use axis or any server. i need
      > wsdl2java tool or complier that dont require axis
      > server on every client machine.

      If you are listening for incoming calls on a port, you are a server.
      It doesnt matter whether that is hidden in the
      many-months-from-shipping java6 runtime, whether its the
      mini-debug-server built in to axis1, axis2+jetty in the same VM or
      whatever, a soap endpoint that receives inbound messages over http is
      an http server. So you cannot say "dont require axis server on every
      client machine". If you are putting axis.jar on the box, the code for
      listening is there and you can just turn it on.

      The alternative would be to adopt a new transport, like
      soap-over-XMPP, and use the jabber network to route messages. But you
      would need to know what you are doing, and understand that you would
      destroy all chance of interop with other systems. It would let you
      route callbacks through firewalls though, both enterprise and
      individual.

      -steve