Re: [soapbuilders] java webservice client

  • Xavier
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 13, 2005
      hi,

      yes me too; i have client webservice and i'm not using
      tomcat in my project.

      Read FAQ on ws.
      http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/WritingYourClient

      There are generate your javabean to access to the
      webservice.

      Xavier.

      === message truncated ===

    • sudhakar sharma
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 14, 2005
        Hi Xavier,

        Thanks a lot .I Created a java web client with the
        help of this link..Right now i m using wsdl2java
        complier that bring from axis server..
        one thing i want to know is there wsdl2java tool
        avaible that dont use axis or any server. i need
        wsdl2java tool or complier that dont require axis
        server on every client machine.

        Again thanks a lot ..

        bye
        regards
        Sudhakar Sharma

        === message truncated ===

      • Doug Kohlert
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 14, 2005
          Sudhakar,
          JAX-WS does not require a servlet container. In fact, JAX-WS will be
          part of the upcoming Java SE 6 release.
          We don't have a sample for this yet, but if you read section 5.2 of the
          specification it talks about how
          javax.xml.ws.Endpoint class can be used to publish an endpoint without a
          container. It is as simple as creating
          an instance of your JAX-WS implementation class and calling
          Endpoint.publish(url_to_webservice, implementor);
          where url_to_webservice is the address that you would like to publish
          your endpoint at and implementor is an instance\
          of your JAX-WS endpoint.

          Test test = new Test(); // endpoint implementation class
          Endpoint e = Endpoint.publish("http://localhost:8080/test", test);

          Let me know if you have more questions.

          sudhakar sharma wrote:

          >Hi Doug,
          >Thanks for giving me such good stuff.
          >
          >I have to create standalone java web service client
          >that invokes methods of .net web service server.
          >
          >I allreday created VisualBasic client for .net service
          >through "SOAPCLIENT 3.0".
          >
          >so please let me know that is there any soap
          >toolkit(that not use web conatiner) avaivable for java
          >
          >for making soap messages?
          >
          >I allready install wsdl2java complier that covert wsdl
          >to java files..I thinki lacking some step..plz give me
          >urs valuble suggestion .
          >

          >--- Doug Kohlert <doug.kohlert@...> wrote:
          >

          >>Sudhakar,
          >>If you would like to use the latest Java standard
          >>for Web Services.
          >>Check out the Java API for XML
          >>Web Services (JAX-WS) project at Java.net. The
          >>project is at
          >>http://jax-ws.dev.java.net This is an
          >>open source project utilizing the latest features of
          >>Java to simplify
          >>web service development.
          >>You can download nightly builds of the JAX-WS RI
          >>from:
          >>https://jax-ws.dev.java.net/ri-download.html
          >>
          >>There are a number of samples included that
          >>demonstrate how to use JAX-WS.
          >>
          >>sudhakar_jpr wrote:
          >>

          >>>hello guys..i want to create java webservice
          >>>

          >>client with .net server...
          >>

          >>>plz help me out for the same...............

          >>>This group is a forum for builders of SOAP
          >>>

          >>implementations to discuss implementation and
          >>interoperability issues. Please stay on-topic.
          >>

          >>>Yahoo! Groups Links
          >>>

          >>--
          >> - Doug
          >>

          >Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

          - Doug
        • Steve Loughran
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 15, 2005
            On 11/14/05, sudhakar sharma <sudhakar_jpr@...> wrote:
            > Hi Xavier,
            >
            > Thanks a lot .I Created a java web client with the
            > help of this link..Right now i m using wsdl2java
            > complier that bring from axis server..
            > one thing i want to know is there wsdl2java tool
            > avaible that dont use axis or any server. i need
            > wsdl2java tool or complier that dont require axis
            > server on every client machine.

            If you are listening for incoming calls on a port, you are a server.
            It doesnt matter whether that is hidden in the
            many-months-from-shipping java6 runtime, whether its the
            mini-debug-server built in to axis1, axis2+jetty in the same VM or
            whatever, a soap endpoint that receives inbound messages over http is
            an http server. So you cannot say "dont require axis server on every
            client machine". If you are putting axis.jar on the box, the code for
            listening is there and you can just turn it on.

            The alternative would be to adopt a new transport, like
            soap-over-XMPP, and use the jabber network to route messages. But you
            would need to know what you are doing, and understand that you would
            destroy all chance of interop with other systems. It would let you
            route callbacks through firewalls though, both enterprise and
            individual.

            -steve