Re: [soapbuilders] java webservice client

  • Anne Thomas Manes
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 13, 2005
      Axis client doesn't require Tomcat.
      Look through the wiki to find info on how to package the client without Tomcat. Or ask a question on the Axis discussion list.

      On 11/12/05, sudhakar sharma <sudhakar_jpr@...> wrote:
      Hi, xavier.......axis is use with tomcat..but my project specs is making a desktop java client that invokes .net services..
      i have a wsdl2java tool ..its create java classes.but after this i cant do any thing..
      so plz let me know about  this ...i need a standalone java client without web conatiner....so if any one has idea abt this please mail me..its very urgent.

      regards
      Sudhakar Sharma

      Xavier <mandraxar@...> wrote:
      hi, use axis i'm using it now in project and it works
      fine.

      There is class generator to build your code with
      wsdltojava.

      Bye.
      --- sudhakar sharma <sudhakar_jpr@...> a écrit :

      ---------------------------------
      Hi Doug,
      Thanks for giving me such good stuff.

      I have to create standalone java web service client
      that invokes methods of .net web service server.

      I allreday created VisualBasic client for .net service
      through "SOAPCLIENT 3.0".

      so please let me know that is there any soap
      toolkit(that not use web conatiner) avaivable for java

      for making soap messages?

      I allready install wsdl2java complier that covert wsdl
      to java files..I thinki lacking some step..plz give me
      urs valuble suggestion .

      --- Doug Kohlert < doug.kohlert@...> wrote:

      > Sudhakar,
      > If you would like to use the latest Java standard
      > for Web Services.
      > Check out the Java API for XML
      > Web Services (JAX-WS) project at Java.net.  The
      > project is at
      > http://jax-ws.dev.java.net.  This is an
      > open source project utilizing the latest features of
      > Java to simplify
      > web service development.
      > You can download nightly builds of the JAX-WS RI
      > from:
      > https://jax-ws.dev.java.net/ri-download.html
      >
      > There are a number of samples included that
      > demonstrate how to use JAX-WS.
      >
      > sudhakar_jpr wrote:
      >
      > > hello guys..i want to create java webservice
      > client with .net server...
      > >plz help me out for the same...............

      > --
      >  - Doug

      http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

      Terms of Service.

      ---------------------------------

      Protocol analyzer Ssl protocol Protocol converter
      Sip protocol Protocol analysis Protocol

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

    • Xavier
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 13, 2005
        hi,

        yes me too; i have client webservice and i'm not using
        tomcat in my project.

        Read FAQ on ws.
        http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/WritingYourClient

        There are generate your javabean to access to the
        webservice.

        Xavier.

        === message truncated ===

      • sudhakar sharma
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 14, 2005
          Hi Xavier,

          Thanks a lot .I Created a java web client with the
          help of this link..Right now i m using wsdl2java
          complier that bring from axis server..
          one thing i want to know is there wsdl2java tool
          avaible that dont use axis or any server. i need
          wsdl2java tool or complier that dont require axis
          server on every client machine.

          Again thanks a lot ..

          bye
          regards
          Sudhakar Sharma

          === message truncated ===

        • Doug Kohlert
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 14, 2005
            Sudhakar,
            JAX-WS does not require a servlet container. In fact, JAX-WS will be
            part of the upcoming Java SE 6 release.
            We don't have a sample for this yet, but if you read section 5.2 of the
            specification it talks about how
            javax.xml.ws.Endpoint class can be used to publish an endpoint without a
            container. It is as simple as creating
            an instance of your JAX-WS implementation class and calling
            Endpoint.publish(url_to_webservice, implementor);
            where url_to_webservice is the address that you would like to publish
            your endpoint at and implementor is an instance\
            of your JAX-WS endpoint.

            Test test = new Test(); // endpoint implementation class
            Endpoint e = Endpoint.publish("http://localhost:8080/test", test);

            Let me know if you have more questions.

            sudhakar sharma wrote:

            >Hi Doug,
            >Thanks for giving me such good stuff.
            >
            >I have to create standalone java web service client
            >that invokes methods of .net web service server.
            >
            >I allreday created VisualBasic client for .net service
            >through "SOAPCLIENT 3.0".
            >
            >so please let me know that is there any soap
            >toolkit(that not use web conatiner) avaivable for java
            >
            >for making soap messages?
            >
            >I allready install wsdl2java complier that covert wsdl
            >to java files..I thinki lacking some step..plz give me
            >urs valuble suggestion .
            >

            >--- Doug Kohlert <doug.kohlert@...> wrote:
            >

            >>Sudhakar,
            >>If you would like to use the latest Java standard
            >>for Web Services.
            >>Check out the Java API for XML
            >>Web Services (JAX-WS) project at Java.net. The
            >>project is at
            >>http://jax-ws.dev.java.net This is an
            >>open source project utilizing the latest features of
            >>Java to simplify
            >>web service development.
            >>You can download nightly builds of the JAX-WS RI
            >>from:
            >>https://jax-ws.dev.java.net/ri-download.html
            >>
            >>There are a number of samples included that
            >>demonstrate how to use JAX-WS.
            >>
            >>sudhakar_jpr wrote:
            >>

            >>>hello guys..i want to create java webservice
            >>>

            >>client with .net server...
            >>

            >>>plz help me out for the same...............

            >>>This group is a forum for builders of SOAP
            >>>

            >>implementations to discuss implementation and
            >>interoperability issues. Please stay on-topic.
            >>

            >>>Yahoo! Groups Links
            >>>

            >>--
            >> - Doug
            >>

            >Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

            - Doug
          • Steve Loughran
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 15, 2005
              On 11/14/05, sudhakar sharma <sudhakar_jpr@...> wrote:
              > Hi Xavier,
              >
              > Thanks a lot .I Created a java web client with the
              > help of this link..Right now i m using wsdl2java
              > complier that bring from axis server..
              > one thing i want to know is there wsdl2java tool
              > avaible that dont use axis or any server. i need
              > wsdl2java tool or complier that dont require axis
              > server on every client machine.

              If you are listening for incoming calls on a port, you are a server.
              It doesnt matter whether that is hidden in the
              many-months-from-shipping java6 runtime, whether its the
              mini-debug-server built in to axis1, axis2+jetty in the same VM or
              whatever, a soap endpoint that receives inbound messages over http is
              an http server. So you cannot say "dont require axis server on every
              client machine". If you are putting axis.jar on the box, the code for
              listening is there and you can just turn it on.

              The alternative would be to adopt a new transport, like
              soap-over-XMPP, and use the jabber network to route messages. But you
              would need to know what you are doing, and understand that you would
              destroy all chance of interop with other systems. It would let you
              route callbacks through firewalls though, both enterprise and
              individual.

              -steve