Re: [soapbuilders] java webservice client

  • Doug Kohlert
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 10, 2005
      Sudhakar,
      If you would like to use the latest Java standard for Web Services.
      Check out the Java API for XML
      Web Services (JAX-WS) project at Java.net. The project is at
      http://jax-ws.dev.java.net This is an
      open source project utilizing the latest features of Java to simplify
      web service development.
      You can download nightly builds of the JAX-WS RI from:
      https://jax-ws.dev.java.net/ri-download.html

      There are a number of samples included that demonstrate how to use JAX-WS.

      sudhakar_jpr wrote:

      > hello guys..i want to create java webservice client with .net server...
      >plz help me out for the same...............

      - Doug
    • sudhakar sharma
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 11, 2005
        Hi Doug,
        Thanks for giving me such good stuff.

        I have to create standalone java web service client
        that invokes methods of .net web service server.

        I allreday created VisualBasic client for .net service
        through "SOAPCLIENT 3.0".

        so please let me know that is there any soap
        toolkit(that not use web conatiner) avaivable for java

        for making soap messages?

        I allready install wsdl2java complier that covert wsdl
        to java files..I thinki lacking some step..plz give me
        urs valuble suggestion .

        --- Doug Kohlert <doug.kohlert@...> wrote:

        > Sudhakar,
        > If you would like to use the latest Java standard
        > for Web Services.
        > Check out the Java API for XML
        > Web Services (JAX-WS) project at Java.net. The
        > project is at
        > http://jax-ws.dev.java.net This is an
        > open source project utilizing the latest features of
        > Java to simplify
        > web service development.
        > You can download nightly builds of the JAX-WS RI
        > from:
        > https://jax-ws.dev.java.net/ri-download.html
        >
        > There are a number of samples included that
        > demonstrate how to use JAX-WS.
        >
        > sudhakar_jpr wrote:
        >
        > > hello guys..i want to create java webservice
        > client with .net server...
        > >plz help me out for the same...............

        > --
        > - Doug

      • Xavier
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 12, 2005
          hi, use axis i'm using it now in project and it works
          fine.

          There is class generator to build your code with
          wsdltojava.

          Bye.
          --- sudhakar sharma <sudhakar_jpr@...> a écrit :

          ---------------------------------
          Hi Doug,
          Thanks for giving me such good stuff.

          I have to create standalone java web service client
          that invokes methods of .net web service server.

          I allreday created VisualBasic client for .net service
          through "SOAPCLIENT 3.0".

          so please let me know that is there any soap
          toolkit(that not use web conatiner) avaivable for java

          for making soap messages?

          I allready install wsdl2java complier that covert wsdl
          to java files..I thinki lacking some step..plz give me
          urs valuble suggestion .

          --- Doug Kohlert <doug.kohlert@...> wrote:

          > Sudhakar,
          > If you would like to use the latest Java standard
          > for Web Services.
          > Check out the Java API for XML
          > Web Services (JAX-WS) project at Java.net. The
          > project is at
          > http://jax-ws.dev.java.net This is an
          > open source project utilizing the latest features of
          > Java to simplify
          > web service development.
          > You can download nightly builds of the JAX-WS RI
          > from:
          > https://jax-ws.dev.java.net/ri-download.html
          >
          > There are a number of samples included that
          > demonstrate how to use JAX-WS.
          >
          > sudhakar_jpr wrote:
          >
          > > hello guys..i want to create java webservice
          > client with .net server...
          > >plz help me out for the same...............

          > --
          > - Doug

          http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

          Terms of Service.

          ---------------------------------

        • sudhakar sharma
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 12, 2005
            Hi, xavier.......axis is use with tomcat..but my project specs is making a desktop java client that invokes .net services..
            i have a wsdl2java tool ..its create java classes.but after this i cant do any thing..
            so plz let me know about  this ...i need a standalone java client without web conatiner....so if any one has idea abt this please mail me..its very urgent.

            regards
            Sudhakar Sharma

            http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

            Terms of Service.

            ---------------------------------

          • Anne Thomas Manes
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 13, 2005
              Axis client doesn't require Tomcat.
              Look through the wiki to find info on how to package the client without Tomcat. Or ask a question on the Axis discussion list.

              Xavier <mandraxar@...> wrote:
              hi, use axis i'm using it now in project and it works
              fine.

              There is class generator to build your code with
              wsdltojava.

              Bye.
              --- sudhakar sharma <sudhakar_jpr@...> a écrit :

              ---------------------------------
              Hi Doug,
              Thanks for giving me such good stuff.

              I have to create standalone java web service client
              that invokes methods of .net web service server.

              I allreday created VisualBasic client for .net service
              through "SOAPCLIENT 3.0".

              so please let me know that is there any soap
              toolkit(that not use web conatiner) avaivable for java

              for making soap messages?

              I allready install wsdl2java complier that covert wsdl
              to java files..I thinki lacking some step..plz give me
              urs valuble suggestion .

              --- Doug Kohlert < doug.kohlert@...> wrote:

              > Sudhakar,
              > If you would like to use the latest Java standard
              > for Web Services.
              > Check out the Java API for XML
              > Web Services (JAX-WS) project at Java.net.  The
              > project is at
              > http://jax-ws.dev.java.net.  This is an
              > open source project utilizing the latest features of
              > Java to simplify
              > web service development.
              > You can download nightly builds of the JAX-WS RI
              > from:
              > https://jax-ws.dev.java.net/ri-download.html
              >
              > There are a number of samples included that
              > demonstrate how to use JAX-WS.
              >
              > sudhakar_jpr wrote:
              >
              > > hello guys..i want to create java webservice
              > client with .net server...
              > >plz help me out for the same...............

              > --
              >  - Doug

              http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

              Terms of Service.

              ---------------------------------

              Protocol analyzer Ssl protocol Protocol converter
              Sip protocol Protocol analysis Protocol

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            • Xavier
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 13, 2005
                hi,

                yes me too; i have client webservice and i'm not using
                tomcat in my project.

                Read FAQ on ws.
                http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/WritingYourClient

                There are generate your javabean to access to the
                webservice.

                Xavier.

                === message truncated ===

              • sudhakar sharma
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 14, 2005
                  Hi Xavier,

                  Thanks a lot .I Created a java web client with the
                  help of this link..Right now i m using wsdl2java
                  complier that bring from axis server..
                  one thing i want to know is there wsdl2java tool
                  avaible that dont use axis or any server. i need
                  wsdl2java tool or complier that dont require axis
                  server on every client machine.

                  Again thanks a lot ..

                  bye
                  regards
                  Sudhakar Sharma

                  === message truncated ===

                • Doug Kohlert
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 14, 2005
                    Sudhakar,
                    JAX-WS does not require a servlet container. In fact, JAX-WS will be
                    part of the upcoming Java SE 6 release.
                    We don't have a sample for this yet, but if you read section 5.2 of the
                    specification it talks about how
                    javax.xml.ws.Endpoint class can be used to publish an endpoint without a
                    container. It is as simple as creating
                    an instance of your JAX-WS implementation class and calling
                    Endpoint.publish(url_to_webservice, implementor);
                    where url_to_webservice is the address that you would like to publish
                    your endpoint at and implementor is an instance\
                    of your JAX-WS endpoint.

                    Test test = new Test(); // endpoint implementation class
                    Endpoint e = Endpoint.publish("http://localhost:8080/test", test);

                    Let me know if you have more questions.

                    sudhakar sharma wrote:

                    >Hi Doug,
                    >Thanks for giving me such good stuff.
                    >
                    >I have to create standalone java web service client
                    >that invokes methods of .net web service server.
                    >
                    >I allreday created VisualBasic client for .net service
                    >through "SOAPCLIENT 3.0".
                    >
                    >so please let me know that is there any soap
                    >toolkit(that not use web conatiner) avaivable for java
                    >
                    >for making soap messages?
                    >
                    >I allready install wsdl2java complier that covert wsdl
                    >to java files..I thinki lacking some step..plz give me
                    >urs valuble suggestion .
                    >

                    >--- Doug Kohlert <doug.kohlert@...> wrote:
                    >

                    >>Sudhakar,
                    >>If you would like to use the latest Java standard
                    >>for Web Services.
                    >>Check out the Java API for XML
                    >>Web Services (JAX-WS) project at Java.net. The
                    >>project is at
                    >>http://jax-ws.dev.java.net This is an
                    >>open source project utilizing the latest features of
                    >>Java to simplify
                    >>web service development.
                    >>You can download nightly builds of the JAX-WS RI
                    >>from:
                    >>https://jax-ws.dev.java.net/ri-download.html
                    >>
                    >>There are a number of samples included that
                    >>demonstrate how to use JAX-WS.
                    >>
                    >>sudhakar_jpr wrote:
                    >>

                    >>>hello guys..i want to create java webservice
                    >>>

                    >>client with .net server...
                    >>

                    >>>plz help me out for the same...............

                    >>>This group is a forum for builders of SOAP
                    >>>

                    >>implementations to discuss implementation and
                    >>interoperability issues. Please stay on-topic.
                    >>

                    >>>Yahoo! Groups Links
                    >>>

                    >>--
                    >> - Doug
                    >>

                    >Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

                    - Doug
                  • Steve Loughran
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 15, 2005
                      On 11/14/05, sudhakar sharma <sudhakar_jpr@...> wrote:
                      > Hi Xavier,
                      >
                      > Thanks a lot .I Created a java web client with the
                      > help of this link..Right now i m using wsdl2java
                      > complier that bring from axis server..
                      > one thing i want to know is there wsdl2java tool
                      > avaible that dont use axis or any server. i need
                      > wsdl2java tool or complier that dont require axis
                      > server on every client machine.

                      If you are listening for incoming calls on a port, you are a server.
                      It doesnt matter whether that is hidden in the
                      many-months-from-shipping java6 runtime, whether its the
                      mini-debug-server built in to axis1, axis2+jetty in the same VM or
                      whatever, a soap endpoint that receives inbound messages over http is
                      an http server. So you cannot say "dont require axis server on every
                      client machine". If you are putting axis.jar on the box, the code for
                      listening is there and you can just turn it on.

                      The alternative would be to adopt a new transport, like
                      soap-over-XMPP, and use the jabber network to route messages. But you
                      would need to know what you are doing, and understand that you would
                      destroy all chance of interop with other systems. It would let you
                      route callbacks through firewalls though, both enterprise and
                      individual.

                      -steve