Re: [soapbuilders] Does Perl handle complex types?

  • Joe Hourcle
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2005
      On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, thomas_mackenzie78 wrote:

      > Does anyone know if there is a perl module that handles sending and
      > recieving complex types? I have looked at SOAP::Lite but it doesnt go
      > into complex types (i think?).

      SOAP::Lite works fine. I'm using it to send/receive deeply nested
      structures (arrays of structures containing arrays of structures with
      substructures), but I'm overriding the serializer, which may be more work
      than most people want to do.

      > I have been searching for examples on the web but only get basic demos.
      >
      > Is there a resource that describes implementing sending and recieving
      > complex types in perl on the client side?

      http://www.majordojo.com/archives/2003/04/how_to_nest_xml.php
      http://builder.com.com/5100-6389-1045078.html?tag=search#Listing%20B

      They typically deserialize as a Perl hash.

      -----
      Joe Hourcle