MSOffice Research Panel - JAXRPC disconnect

  • Jim Sweeney
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21, 2005
      I've created a custom MS Office Research service using JAXRPC in
      jwsdp1.6. I've got my service returning a Registration response that
      looks structurally/semantically equivalent to that of the sample Google
      service. However MS Word is rejecting my response. There are a few
      differences having to do with the response headers and how namespaces
      are used. The headers of the Google service look like this:

      HTTP/1.1 200 OK
      Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.1
      Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 22:19:37 GMT

      while my JAXRPC service response headers look like this:

      HTTP/1.1 200 OK
      Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
      SOAPAction: ""
      Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 23:45:04 GMT
      Connection: close

      Is there any header (present or missing) in the JAXRPC list which would
      cause Registration to fail?

      Also, the Google SOAP Envelope and Body tags start off this way:

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <soap:Envelope
      <soap:Body>
      <RegistrationResponse xmlns="urn:Microsoft.Search">
      <RegistrationResult>

      while my Envelope and Body tags start this way:

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <env:Envelope
      xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
      xmlns:enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
      xmlns:ns0="urn:Microsoft.Search">
      <env:Body>
      <ns0:RegistrationResponse>
      <ns0:RegistrationResult>

      Could Microsoft possibly have a problem with the differing methods of
      using namespaces?

      Finally, is there any way to get more information from MS Word about why
      it's failing? Maybe a log somewhere or a verbose message setting?

      Thanks for any advice!

      Jim Sweeney
    • jsweeney67
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2005
        Ok, I've narrowed the problem down to the ns0 namespace alias on the
        RegistrationResponse and RegistrationResult tags. MSWord does not
        like that these names are prefixed with the alias. Is there any way
        to modify the WSDL or other jax-rpc inputs so that the Envelope tag
        declares the default namespace as xmlns="urn:Microsoft.Search"
        instead of declaring the alias xmlns:ns0="urn:Microsoft.Search" when
        my jax-rpc service writes the response?

        Thanks!

        --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Sweeney"