Configuration error in web.config file while accessing the SOAP webservice

  • kaushiksrinath
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2005
      Hi all,

      I am creating a webservice to accept SOAP messages, parse the
      message and send a SOAP response back to the client accessing my web
      service
      using WSE-2 in ASP.NET.
      I am creating a class which derives from "SoapReceiver"
      class and do the processing here. To register this class by using
      the HTTP protocol, I am editing the "web.config" file. I am adding
      an "add" element to this config file as follows:
      <httpHandlers>
      <add verb="*" path="MyReceiver.ashx"
      type="CodeService.HttpService"/>
      </httpHandlers>

      Here "HttpService" is the class I have created in "CodeService"
      namespace. Also I am adding a "configSections" element to
      the "configuration" section of the "web.config" file to add
      microsoft.web.services2 configuration section.

      When I try accessing this webservice from a browser say
      like "http://localhost/CodeService/CodeWebService.asmx", I get an
      error

      Parser Error Message: Could not load type CodeService.HttpService
      from assembly System.Web, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
      PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a.

      Thanks,
      kaush