How to get rid of the default namespace .NET adds to a SOAP message ?

  • kaushiksrinath
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2005
      Hi all,

      I am trying to send a SOAP message to a server using WSE. I
      am constructing the message using "SOAPENVELOPE" class and sending the
      message using the "SOAPCLIENT" class (I am using
      the "SendRequestResponse" method of the class).
      After constructing the message, .NET adds some extra
      information(some namespaces, elements) in the "Header" and "Envelope"
      section of the SOAP message.
      One of the namespaces which it adds is "xmlns:wsse=http://docs.oasis-
      open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd" and
      the server I am sending it to is
      expecting "xmlns:wsse=http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2003/06/secext". I
      am not sure how to change the default setting which .NET adds to the
      message.
      Please help me out.
    • Kirill Gavrylyuk
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 12, 2005
        WSE2.0 supports the OASIS 1.0 version of WS-Security. 2003/06 is an old
        namespace that represents an interim WS-Security draft semantically very
        different from the final 1.0 version.

        You can't just substitute the WS-Security namespace uri from 1.0 to
        2003/06 - these are different protocols.

        What are you using on the other side? There are plenty of Java and C++
        tools that support WS-Security 1.0 and interoperate with WSE2.0 - can
        you upgrade?