Indigo / Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) Interop Plug-fest - 7-10 Nov 2005

  • Kirill Gavrylyuk
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2005

      Hey to all you Web Services Toolkits implementers out there!

      We are planning a 4-day Windows Communications Foundation (WCF, a.k.a Indigo) Interop Plug-fest on Monday November 7, 2005 to Thursday November 10, 2005 at Microsoft Redmond campus.

      The WCF (Indigo) Interop Plug-fest is an ad-hoc, open forum for implementers of various Web Services protocols to meet with engineers from the WCF(Indigo) team and test interoperability with the upcoming release.

      Please reply to kirillg@... and jthelin@... introducing your implementation if you’re interested in attending.

      Scenarios drafts as well as pointers to test endpoints are available online - http://mssoapinterop.org/ilab/wcfinteroplab.htm . We recommend you to join the WS-Builders@yahoogroups.com discussion group and use it for questions around scenarios documents and WCF(Indigo) interoperability.

      Here is an invite with further logistics info: http://mssoapinterop.org/ilab/WCFInteropPlugFest_invite.doc

      Thank you and we hope to see you November 7th !

    • Glen Daniels
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2005
        Hi Kirill:

        Is this meant to be a community focused event where everyone attempts to
        interoperate with everyone, or really a "hub-and-spoke" model where it's
        just about WCF getting testing experience with everyone else?

        --Glen

        Kirill Gavrylyuk wrote:
        > Hey to all you Web Services Toolkits implementers out there!
        >

        > We are planning a 4-day Windows Communications Foundation (WCF, a.k.a
        > Indigo) Interop Plug-fest on Monday November 7, 2005 to Thursday
        > November 10, 2005 at Microsoft Redmond campus.
        >

        > The WCF (Indigo) Interop Plug-fest is an ad-hoc, open forum for
        > implementers of various Web Services protocols to meet with engineers
        > from the WCF(Indigo) team and test interoperability with the upcoming
        > release.
        >

        > Please reply to kirillg@... and jthelin@...
        > introducing your implementation if you're interested in attending.
        >

        > Scenarios drafts as well as pointers to test endpoints are available
        > online - http://mssoapinterop.org/ilab/wcfinteroplab.htm . We recommend
        > you to join the WS-Builders@yahoogroups.com discussion group and use it
        > for questions around scenarios documents and WCF(Indigo)
        > interoperability.
        >

        > Here is an invite with further logistics info:
        > http://mssoapinterop.org/ilab/WCFInteropPlugFest_invite.doc
        >

        > Thank you and we hope to see you November 7th !

      • Doug Davis
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 2005

          Kirill,
            Thanks for the notice of your interop endpoints.  IBM has endpoints up for most of WS-* specifications you mentioned covering the scenarios as specified in the interop workshop's scenario documents.  The endpoints should cover the full range of features specified in those scenario documents and not just the subset your version of the scenario documents mention.  Based on the activity logs they seem to be widely used and appear to be quite useful to the WS community.  We welcome MSFT's efforts to join this adhoc/off-line testing process and hope you keep your endpoint up indefinitely as we hope to.  Please see the respective WS-* Yahoo group for the URL of the endpoint of interest - or feel free to contact me at dug@... if you're unable to locate the URL.
          thanks
          -Doug

          "Kirill Gavrylyuk" <kirillg@...>
          Sent by: soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com

          10/05/2005 09:32 PM

          Please respond to
          soapbuilders

          <soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com>, <wsdl@yahoogroups.com>, <WS-RM-Workshops@yahoogroups.com>, <WS-Security-Workshops@yahoogroups.com>, <WS-TX-Workshops@yahoogroups.com>, <ws-eventing-workshops@yahoogroups.com>
          cc
          Subject
          [soapbuilders] Indigo / Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) Interop Plug-fest - 7-10 Nov 2005

[...]

        • Jorgen Thelin
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2005

            Sorry to hear you’ll be missing all the fun.

            http://www.infoworld.com/article/05/11/03/HNjavanet_1.html