Re: Customize a soap message

  • charlie_fadipe
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2005
      --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "namratadin" <namratadin@y...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I am new to web services and SOAP. I was wondering if there is a
      > way to remove the soap tabs <soapenv:Body> and <soapenv:Envelope>
      > completely from a soap request message generated while using a web
      > service. I appreciate your help!
      >
      > Thanks.
      > Nami

      Nami

      Why would you want to do that? The whole point of soap is that's its
      a unified way of sending messages from any kind of client to any
      server. The Body and Envelope tags are part of the standard that
      constitute a soap message. Without these most soap servers won't
      work, unless you particularly wanted to build your own low-level soap
      server that didn't read these tags.
    • namratadin
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 30, 2005
        Hi Charlie,
        Thanks for replying. I need to send the xml doc contained
        in the soap message without including the soap tags as a request to
        another server since the server I am sending the request to is not
        soap compliant.

        --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "charlie_fadipe"
        <soapbuilders@f...> wrote:
        > --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "namratadin" <namratadin@y...>
        wrote:
        > > Hi,
        > > I am new to web services and SOAP. I was wondering if there is a
        > > way to remove the soap tabs <soapenv:Body> and <soapenv:Envelope>
        > > completely from a soap request message generated while using a web
        > > service. I appreciate your help!
        > >
        > > Thanks.
        > > Nami
        >
        > Nami
        >
        > Why would you want to do that? The whole point of soap is that's its
        > a unified way of sending messages from any kind of client to any
        > server. The Body and Envelope tags are part of the standard that
        > constitute a soap message. Without these most soap servers won't
        > work, unless you particularly wanted to build your own low-level soap
        > server that didn't read these tags.
      • neslihan erdem
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
          Hi,

          I have a problem .I get error "The method does'not
          exist." to soap web service. I searching internet .But
          I don't find resource .

          Why do you get this error. What can I do ?
          I use SOAP switch last version .

          thanx

          --- namratadin <namratadin@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          > I am new to web services and SOAP. I was
          > wondering if there is a
          > way to remove the soap tabs <soapenv:Body> and
          > <soapenv:Envelope>
          > completely from a soap request message generated
          > while using a web
          > service. I appreciate your help!
          >
          > Thanks.
          > Nami