Customize a soap message

  • namratadin
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2005
      I am new to web services and SOAP. I was wondering if there is a
      way to remove the soap tabs <soapenv:Body> and <soapenv:Envelope>
      completely from a soap request message generated while using a web
      service. I appreciate your help!

      Thanks.
      Nami
    • charlie_fadipe
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 30, 2005
        --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "namratadin" <namratadin@y...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I am new to web services and SOAP. I was wondering if there is a
        > way to remove the soap tabs <soapenv:Body> and <soapenv:Envelope>
        > completely from a soap request message generated while using a web
        > service. I appreciate your help!
        >
        > Thanks.
        > Nami

        Nami

        Why would you want to do that? The whole point of soap is that's its
        a unified way of sending messages from any kind of client to any
        server. The Body and Envelope tags are part of the standard that
        constitute a soap message. Without these most soap servers won't
        work, unless you particularly wanted to build your own low-level soap
        server that didn't read these tags.
      • namratadin
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 30, 2005
          Hi Charlie,
          Thanks for replying. I need to send the xml doc contained
          in the soap message without including the soap tags as a request to
          another server since the server I am sending the request to is not
          soap compliant.

          --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "charlie_fadipe"
          <soapbuilders@f...> wrote:
          > --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "namratadin" <namratadin@y...>
          wrote:
          > > Hi,
          > > I am new to web services and SOAP. I was wondering if there is a
          > > way to remove the soap tabs <soapenv:Body> and <soapenv:Envelope>
          > > completely from a soap request message generated while using a web
          > > service. I appreciate your help!
          > >
          > > Thanks.
          > > Nami
          >
          > Nami
          >
          > Why would you want to do that? The whole point of soap is that's its
          > a unified way of sending messages from any kind of client to any
          > server. The Body and Envelope tags are part of the standard that
          > constitute a soap message. Without these most soap servers won't
          > work, unless you particularly wanted to build your own low-level soap
          > server that didn't read these tags.
        • neslihan erdem
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005

            I have a problem .I get error "The method does'not
            exist." to soap web service. I searching internet .But
            I don't find resource .

            Why do you get this error. What can I do ?
            I use SOAP switch last version .

            thanx

            --- namratadin <namratadin@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            > I am new to web services and SOAP. I was
            > wondering if there is a
            > way to remove the soap tabs <soapenv:Body> and
            > <soapenv:Envelope>
            > completely from a soap request message generated
            > while using a web
            > service. I appreciate your help!
            >
            > Thanks.
            > Nami