SOAP attachment - VB6 client

  • arbonreimer
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2005
      Hi everyone. I'm new to SOAP and need help parsing an attachment from
      a SOAP message. Trouble is I need to do it in VB6.

      Can anyone shed some light as to how I might do this?

      Here's the XML part of the response:
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <soapenv:Envelope
      xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><soapenv:Body><getFileNamedResponse
      xmlns="http://presentment.docucorp.ib.mycompany.com"><getFileNamedReturn
      href="cid:F573BFC87EB8C37A61865B6CB3878528"
      xmlns:apachesoap="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"/></getFileNamedResponse></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

      And here is the Attachment part of the response:
      ------=_Part_3_1439847890.1124402317089

      %PDF-1.3
      %âãÏÓ
      11 0 obj<</Linearized 1/L 9768/H[ 659 295]/O 13/E
      8627/N 1/T 9501>>
      endobj

      xref
      11 17
      0000000016 00000 n [truncated]

      I see that there is an HREF attribute in the XML which would point me
      to the correct Content-ID label, but I don't know how to get to that
      point. Of course, I need to load it into a Byte() array and display
      it. Any insight on that too would be helpful. Thanks very much.