Line feed normalization and character reference processing

  • Kirill Gavrylyuk
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 15, 2005

      Hi all,

      Another little pollJ Do folks support line feed normalization and character reference processing well?

      I.e. what do your web services stacks propagate to the app code when they receive the message with a text node:

      1)    "
Hello
World
"

      (I expect "\r\nHello\r\nWorld\r\n")

      2)    "\r\nHello\r\nWorld\r\n"

      (I expect “\nHello\nWorld\n” )

      3)       "
Hello
World
"

      (I expect “\rHello\rWorld\r” )

      4)    "\rHello\rWorld\r"

      (I expect “\nHello\nWorld\n” )

      I know this has been discussed a lot couple years ago, just wanted to check if support is still there. Thanks a lot for your responses in advance!

    • Davanum Srinivas
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 19, 2005
        Kirill,

        Started with basic xerces/parser stuff (JDK 1.4.2_09). works as you
        expected. i will check axis1 next and drop another note. (see attached
        code and output)

        Thanks,
        dims

        --
        Davanum Srinivas : http://wso2.com/ - Oxygenating The Web Service Platform
      • Davanum Srinivas
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 19, 2005
          Kirill,

          Preliminary analysis shows Axis 1.2.1 is working as expected when
          receiving the soap messages (though there is a bug that if the
          application wants to send inside a string it is being sent as
          &#xD;). If i see something else, i will drop a note.

          Thanks,
          dims

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 19, 2005
            Thanks Dims! - this is great.

            > though there is a bug that if the
            > application wants to send inside a string it is being sent as
            > &#xD;)
            That doesn't seem to be a bug - if I understand it right on send you
            escape, which is ok. In order to do this test, one has typically to send
            a hardcoded SOAP message to a service.

            Preliminary analysis shows Axis 1.2.1 is working as expected when
            receiving the soap messages (though there is a bug that if the
            application wants to send inside a string it is being sent as
            &#xD;). If i see something else, i will drop a note.

            Thanks,
            dims

            On 8/19/05, Davanum Srinivas <davanum@...> wrote:
            > Kirill,
            >
            > Started with basic xerces/parser stuff (JDK 1.4.2_09). works as you
            > expected. i will check axis1 next and drop another note. (see attached
            > code and output)
            >
            > Thanks,
            > dims
            >
            > On 8/15/05, Kirill Gavrylyuk <kirillg@...> wrote:
            > >

            > > Hi all,
            > >
            > > Another little pollJ Do folks support line feed normalization and
            character
            > > reference processing well?
            > >

            > > I.e. what do your web services stacks propagate to the app code when
            they
            > > receive the message with a text node:
            > >

            > > 1) " Hello World "
            > >
            > > (I expect "\r\nHello\r\nWorld\r\n")
            > >

            > > 2) "\r\nHello\r\nWorld\r\n"
            > >
            > > (I expect "\nHello\nWorld\n" )
            > >

            > > 3) " Hello World "
            > >
            > > (I expect "\rHello\rWorld\r" )
            > >

            > > 4) "\rHello\rWorld\r"
            > >
            > > (I expect "\nHello\nWorld\n" )
            > >

            > > I know this has been discussed a lot couple years ago, just wanted
            to check
            > > if support is still there. Thanks a lot for your responses in
            advance!

            Service.

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 19, 2005
              Whew! thanks :)