Re: [soapbuilders] Unknown attributes for WSDL

  • Anish Karmarkar
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2005
      Rich Salz wrote:
      >>that the schema for wsdl:binding doesn't support attribute extensions.
      >

      > The WS-I Basic Profile (at least 1.1, maybe 1.0) does this:

      This was a fix added to 1.1. In 1.0, some WSDL elements were extensible
      via attributes and some via elements.

      >>For the purposes of the Profile, all elements in the
      >
      > > "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" namespace are extensible via
      > > element as well as attributes. As a convenience, WS-I has published a
      > > version of the WSDL1.1 schema that reflects this capability at:
      > > http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/wsdl11.xsd
      >
      > I believe someone posted elsewhere that the schema is not (yet) correct.

      Unfortunately, that schema is not yet available. The WS-I Basic Profile
      WG (and WS-I Board) is working on making that available.

      HTH.

      -Anish
      --

      >>What do you think of adding an "ignoreUnknown" option to WSDL4J? When
      >>switched on this option would disable faulting in cases where the parser
      >>finds unexpected content - instead it would simply ignore it.
      >

      > Perhaps a useWSIProfile option? Or require such WSDL's to have a
      > conformance claim in them. :)
      >
      > /r$

    • Sonali Kanaujia
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2005
        FYI--These are the Microsoft public RM endpoints that contain the non-compliant WSDLs. Look for wsp:PolicyURIs attribute on wsdl:binding.

        -Sonali

        Glen Daniels <webservicedude@...> wrote:

        [cc'ed to soapbuilders because I think that community is generally
        interested in this kind of issue]

        Hi folks!

        that the schema for wsdl:binding doesn't support attribute extensions.
        However, Microsoft seems to have software out there which is generating
        such attributes - even if they fix this (as I believe they already have
        internally), there are still some WSDLs that have been released "into
        the wild" with this issue.

        WSDL4J currently will toss an exception if it encounters attributes
        where the schema doesn't allow them.  While in general I think faulting
        is correct behavior for this sort of thing, the fact is that we'd also
        like to enable interoperability as much as possible, and so some folks
        might want the ability to be a little more lenient with respect to
        "extra" content.

        What do you think of adding an "ignoreUnknown" option to WSDL4J?  When
        switched on this option would disable faulting in cases where the parser
        finds unexpected content - instead it would simply ignore it.

        Thoughts?
        --Glen

      • Kirill Gavrylyuk
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 5, 2005

          We’re fixing the issue at hand. But I agree with Glenn, that the restriction on wsdl:binding attribute extensibility was not the intent of WSDL spec and it would be ideal if WSDL4J allow attributes on wsdl:binding.