RE: [soapbuilders] Could you try to consume couple Indigo WSDLs?

  • Kirill Gavrylyuk
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 21, 2005
      Right,
      our intent is to switch to <wsp:PolicyReference URI=".."/> . That allows
      one to put wsdl:required on attachment points directly and in particular
      have bindings that use and don't use WS-Policy.

      However I don't see too much value in checking the schema for
      wsdl:binding open/closed for attributes extensions - as you said it was
      rather an unintentional lame side-effect of schema writing. BP did a
      good step "half-way":) allowing attributes and elements extensibility
      everywhere.

      I think both Axis 1.2 (that rejects the wsdl) and Systinet (that accepts
      the wsdl) are correct. I'd personally recommend to lift the requirement
      in Axis 1.2.

      Glenn, addition of wsp:UsingPolicy is required by WS-Policy 2004/09. As
      you point out, the reason for this is the attribute @PolicyURIs - since
      you can't indicate on such attachment points that they are required, you
      need some other mechanism: UsingPolicy with wsdl:required on it. We keep
      the element there for conformance, but don't put wsdl:required on it,
      since we want BP compliant wsdls to be consumable by non-policy aware
      toolkits.

      But now that BP lifts the necessity for PolicyURIs attribute altogether,
      I'd recommend to use wsp:PolicyReference everywhere. Which makes
      "mandatory" wsp:UsingPolicy less useful.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 21, 2005
        Our Http client was not able to read the Wsdl schema. The message included the content type with wrong quoted string:
        According to the RFC2045 the header parameters are defined as:
        parameter := attribute '=' value
        value := token / quoted-string
        quoted-string = <"> *(qtext/quoted-pair) <">

        Using $'(16r0027) instead of $" (16r0022) cause the Http client failed to parse the header field.
        I am wondering how other Http clients handle the wrong encoding. Do they just ignore the Http content type?

        Tamara

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 21, 2005
          JAX-WS 2.0 EA2 [1] is able to consume both WSDLs without any problems.

          [1] https://jax-rpc.dev.java.net/jaxws20-ea2/

          -Arun

          Kirill Gavrylyuk wrote:
          > Hi soapbuilders,
          >
          > When you have a minute, could you try out your proxy generation tools to
          > consume the following Indigo-generated WSDLs? They correspond to
          > SoapBuilders Round C tests, but wsdl:import and xsd:import are heavily used.
          >

          > I’m especially curious how well schema and wsdl imports are supported
          > out there.
          >

          > RoundA, BaseDataType, doc literal :
          > http://131.107.153.195/SoapBuilders/svc/RoundADocLit.svc?wsdl
          >
          > RoundC, ComplexType2, doc literal :
          > http://131.107.153.195/SoapBuilders/svc/RoundCCompoundTwoXmlSerializer.svc?wsdl
          >

          > Thanks for any feedback in advance!
          >

          > Kirill

          got Web Services ?
          Download Java Web Services Developer Pack from
          http://java.sun.com/webservices
        • Kirill Gavrylyuk
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 22, 2005
            Thanks Tamara,
            good catch - it's a bug on our side. Indeed only double or none are allowed.

            I think most stacks got tired and allow both types of quotes:). Thanks for keeping us honest:)

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 22, 2005
              Guys, thanks again to everyone who tried!

              It's great to see that WSDL syntax is well supported out there.