Re: [soapbuilders] Could you try to consume couple Indigo WSDLs?

  • Anish Karmarkar
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 21, 2005
      Davanum Srinivas wrote:
      > Glen,
      >
      > Yes ("because the schema for wsdl:binding isn't attribute-extensible! ")

      Dims/Glen,

      WS-I Basic Profile 1.1 [1] has fixed this. All elements in WSDL 1.1
      namespace are extensible via attribute and via elements. Pl. note that
      the URL in BP 1.1 (http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/wsdl11.xsd) that
      is supposed to point to the schema that has this fixed is not valid. The
      WS-I BP WG is working to fix this.

      HTH.

      -Anish
      --

      [1]
      http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/BasicProfile-1.1-2004-08-24.html#WSDL_Extensions

    • Kirill Gavrylyuk
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 21, 2005
        Right,
        our intent is to switch to <wsp:PolicyReference URI=".."/> . That allows
        one to put wsdl:required on attachment points directly and in particular
        have bindings that use and don't use WS-Policy.

        However I don't see too much value in checking the schema for
        wsdl:binding open/closed for attributes extensions - as you said it was
        rather an unintentional lame side-effect of schema writing. BP did a
        good step "half-way":) allowing attributes and elements extensibility
        everywhere.

        I think both Axis 1.2 (that rejects the wsdl) and Systinet (that accepts
        the wsdl) are correct. I'd personally recommend to lift the requirement
        in Axis 1.2.

        Glenn, addition of wsp:UsingPolicy is required by WS-Policy 2004/09. As
        you point out, the reason for this is the attribute @PolicyURIs - since
        you can't indicate on such attachment points that they are required, you
        need some other mechanism: UsingPolicy with wsdl:required on it. We keep
        the element there for conformance, but don't put wsdl:required on it,
        since we want BP compliant wsdls to be consumable by non-policy aware
        toolkits.

        But now that BP lifts the necessity for PolicyURIs attribute altogether,
        I'd recommend to use wsp:PolicyReference everywhere. Which makes
        "mandatory" wsp:UsingPolicy less useful.

        -
        should use <wsp:PolicyReference URI=".."/> instead. Sorry - forgot about
        it.]

        -- dims

        On 7/21/05, Glen Daniels <glen@...> wrote:
        > Dims,
        >
        > I don't understand what you mean here... I didn't see any
        > wsdl:required="true" elements in there, which means that all the
        extensions
        > (including the policy stuff) are optional.... oh, I see! You mean
        because
        > the schema for wsdl:binding isn't attribute-extensible! That's lame
        (on the
        > WSDL 1.1 schema-writers part). Yup, looks like a problem.
        >
        > On another note, Kirill, I don't quite understand why you guys have
        the
        > <wsp:UsingPolicy/> element in there? If you're already using
        extension
        > elements (i.e. <wsp:Policy>) from the policy namespace, what extra
        > functionality do you get from the <UsingPolicy> thing without a
        > wsdl:required=true? If wsdl:required *was* set to true on this
        element I
        > could see it being useful so that you could guarantee the WSDL
        processor was
        > familiar with policy without having to mark every individual
        wsp-namespaced
        > element as required... but as is I don't quite see it.
        >
        > --Glen

      • Kogan, Tamara
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 21, 2005
          Our Http client was not able to read the Wsdl schema. The message included the content type with wrong quoted string:
          According to the RFC2045 the header parameters are defined as:
          parameter := attribute '=' value
          value := token / quoted-string
          quoted-string = <"> *(qtext/quoted-pair) <">

          Using $'(16r0027) instead of $" (16r0022) cause the Http client failed to parse the header field.
          I am wondering how other Http clients handle the wrong encoding. Do they just ignore the Http content type?

          Tamara

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 21, 2005
            JAX-WS 2.0 EA2 [1] is able to consume both WSDLs without any problems.

            [1] https://jax-rpc.dev.java.net/jaxws20-ea2/

            -Arun

            Kirill Gavrylyuk wrote:
            > Hi soapbuilders,
            >
            > When you have a minute, could you try out your proxy generation tools to
            > consume the following Indigo-generated WSDLs? They correspond to
            > SoapBuilders Round C tests, but wsdl:import and xsd:import are heavily used.
            >

            > I’m especially curious how well schema and wsdl imports are supported
            > out there.
            >

            > RoundA, BaseDataType, doc literal :
            > http://131.107.153.195/SoapBuilders/svc/RoundADocLit.svc?wsdl
            >
            > RoundC, ComplexType2, doc literal :
            > http://131.107.153.195/SoapBuilders/svc/RoundCCompoundTwoXmlSerializer.svc?wsdl
            >

            > Thanks for any feedback in advance!
            >

            > Kirill

            got Web Services ?
            Download Java Web Services Developer Pack from
            http://java.sun.com/webservices
          • Kirill Gavrylyuk
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 22, 2005
              Thanks Tamara,
              good catch - it's a bug on our side. Indeed only double or none are allowed.

              I think most stacks got tired and allow both types of quotes:). Thanks for keeping us honest:)

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 22, 2005
                Guys, thanks again to everyone who tried!

                It's great to see that WSDL syntax is well supported out there.