Re: [soapbuilders] Could you try to consume couple Indigo WSDLs?

  • Daniel Wilcox
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 21, 2005
      wsdl2h v1.1.4c from the  gSOAP 2.7.3 toolkit consumes these with no problems as does wsdl.exe from .NET 1.1.4322.573.

      Kirill Gavrylyuk wrote:

      Hi soapbuilders,

      When you have a minute, could you try out your proxy generation tools to consume the following Indigo-generated WSDLs? They correspond to SoapBuilders Round C tests, but wsdl:import and xsd:import are heavily used.

      I’m especially curious how well schema and wsdl imports are supported out there.

      RoundA, BaseDataType, doc literal : http://131.107.153.195/SoapBuilders/svc/RoundADocLit.svc?wsdl

      RoundC, ComplexType2, doc literal : http://131.107.153.195/SoapBuilders/svc/RoundCCompoundTwoXmlSerializer.svc?wsdl

      Thanks for any feedback in advance!

      Kirill

      ___________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
    • Davanum Srinivas
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 21, 2005
        Glen,

        Yes ("because the schema for wsdl:binding isn't attribute-extensible! ")

        Don't worry Kirill is doing something else now :)

        [Our bad (wsdl:binding element does not allow for attribute extensions) -
        should use <wsp:PolicyReference URI=".."/> instead. Sorry - forgot about
        it.]

        -- dims

      • Anish Karmarkar
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 21, 2005
          Davanum Srinivas wrote:
          > Glen,
          >
          > Yes ("because the schema for wsdl:binding isn't attribute-extensible! ")

          Dims/Glen,

          WS-I Basic Profile 1.1 [1] has fixed this. All elements in WSDL 1.1
          namespace are extensible via attribute and via elements. Pl. note that
          the URL in BP 1.1 (http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/wsdl11.xsd) that
          is supposed to point to the schema that has this fixed is not valid. The
          WS-I BP WG is working to fix this.

          HTH.

          -Anish
          --

          [1]
          http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/BasicProfile-1.1-2004-08-24.html#WSDL_Extensions

        • Kirill Gavrylyuk
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 21, 2005
            Right,
            our intent is to switch to <wsp:PolicyReference URI=".."/> . That allows
            one to put wsdl:required on attachment points directly and in particular
            have bindings that use and don't use WS-Policy.

            However I don't see too much value in checking the schema for
            wsdl:binding open/closed for attributes extensions - as you said it was
            rather an unintentional lame side-effect of schema writing. BP did a
            good step "half-way":) allowing attributes and elements extensibility
            everywhere.

            I think both Axis 1.2 (that rejects the wsdl) and Systinet (that accepts
            the wsdl) are correct. I'd personally recommend to lift the requirement
            in Axis 1.2.

            Glenn, addition of wsp:UsingPolicy is required by WS-Policy 2004/09. As
            you point out, the reason for this is the attribute @PolicyURIs - since
            you can't indicate on such attachment points that they are required, you
            need some other mechanism: UsingPolicy with wsdl:required on it. We keep
            the element there for conformance, but don't put wsdl:required on it,
            since we want BP compliant wsdls to be consumable by non-policy aware
            toolkits.

            But now that BP lifts the necessity for PolicyURIs attribute altogether,
            I'd recommend to use wsp:PolicyReference everywhere. Which makes
            "mandatory" wsp:UsingPolicy less useful.

            -
            should use <wsp:PolicyReference URI=".."/> instead. Sorry - forgot about
            it.]

            -- dims

            On 7/21/05, Glen Daniels <glen@...> wrote:
            > Dims,
            >
            > I don't understand what you mean here... I didn't see any
            > wsdl:required="true" elements in there, which means that all the
            extensions
            > (including the policy stuff) are optional.... oh, I see! You mean
            because
            > the schema for wsdl:binding isn't attribute-extensible! That's lame
            (on the
            > WSDL 1.1 schema-writers part). Yup, looks like a problem.
            >
            > On another note, Kirill, I don't quite understand why you guys have
            the
            > <wsp:UsingPolicy/> element in there? If you're already using
            extension
            > elements (i.e. <wsp:Policy>) from the policy namespace, what extra
            > functionality do you get from the <UsingPolicy> thing without a
            > wsdl:required=true? If wsdl:required *was* set to true on this
            element I
            > could see it being useful so that you could guarantee the WSDL
            processor was
            > familiar with policy without having to mark every individual
            wsp-namespaced
            > element as required... but as is I don't quite see it.
            >
            > --Glen

          • Kogan, Tamara
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 21, 2005
              Our Http client was not able to read the Wsdl schema. The message included the content type with wrong quoted string:
              According to the RFC2045 the header parameters are defined as:
              parameter := attribute '=' value
              value := token / quoted-string
              quoted-string = <"> *(qtext/quoted-pair) <">

              Using $'(16r0027) instead of $" (16r0022) cause the Http client failed to parse the header field.
              I am wondering how other Http clients handle the wrong encoding. Do they just ignore the Http content type?

              Tamara

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 21, 2005
                JAX-WS 2.0 EA2 [1] is able to consume both WSDLs without any problems.

                [1] https://jax-rpc.dev.java.net/jaxws20-ea2/

                -Arun

                Kirill Gavrylyuk wrote:
                > Hi soapbuilders,
                >
                > When you have a minute, could you try out your proxy generation tools to
                > consume the following Indigo-generated WSDLs? They correspond to
                > SoapBuilders Round C tests, but wsdl:import and xsd:import are heavily used.
                >

                > I’m especially curious how well schema and wsdl imports are supported
                > out there.
                >

                > RoundA, BaseDataType, doc literal :
                > http://131.107.153.195/SoapBuilders/svc/RoundADocLit.svc?wsdl
                >
                > RoundC, ComplexType2, doc literal :
                > http://131.107.153.195/SoapBuilders/svc/RoundCCompoundTwoXmlSerializer.svc?wsdl
                >

                > Thanks for any feedback in advance!
                >

                > Kirill

                got Web Services ?
                Download Java Web Services Developer Pack from
                http://java.sun.com/webservices
              • Kirill Gavrylyuk
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 22, 2005
                  Thanks Tamara,
                  good catch - it's a bug on our side. Indeed only double or none are allowed.

                  I think most stacks got tired and allow both types of quotes:). Thanks for keeping us honest:)

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 22, 2005
                    Guys, thanks again to everyone who tried!

                    It's great to see that WSDL syntax is well supported out there.