Could you try to consume couple Indigo WSDLs?

  • Kirill Gavrylyuk
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 20, 2005

      Hi soapbuilders,

      When you have a minute, could you try out your proxy generation tools to consume the following Indigo-generated WSDLs? They correspond to SoapBuilders Round C tests, but wsdl:import and xsd:import are heavily used.

      I’m especially curious how well schema and wsdl imports are supported out there.

      RoundA, BaseDataType, doc literal : http://131.107.153.195/SoapBuilders/svc/RoundADocLit.svc?wsdl

      RoundC, ComplexType2, doc literal : http://131.107.153.195/SoapBuilders/svc/RoundCCompoundTwoXmlSerializer.svc?wsdl

      Thanks for any feedback in advance!

      Kirill

    • Tomas Bahnik
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 21, 2005
        Systinet wsdl2java and wsdlc (for C++ stubs) in latest versions consume both wsdls without problems.

        Note that RoundC was originally header interop [1]

        Tomas

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 21, 2005
          Tomas,

          REALLY? the tools should have flagged the fact that there are
          ws-policy attributes in wsdl:binding..guess, you have a bug in your
          tools.

          -- dims

          On 7/21/05, Tomas Bahnik <tomas.bahnik@...> wrote:

          > Systinet wsdl2java and wsdlc (for C++ stubs) in latest versions consume both
          > wsdls without problems.
          >
          > Note that RoundC was originally header interop [1]
          >
          > [1] http://www.whitemesa.com/interop.htm
          >
          > Tomas

        • Glen Daniels
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 21, 2005
            Dims,

            I don't understand what you mean here... I didn't see any
            wsdl:required="true" elements in there, which means that all the extensions
            (including the policy stuff) are optional.... oh, I see! You mean because
            the schema for wsdl:binding isn't attribute-extensible! That's lame (on the
            WSDL 1.1 schema-writers part). Yup, looks like a problem.

            On another note, Kirill, I don't quite understand why you guys have the
            <wsp:UsingPolicy/> element in there? If you're already using extension
            elements (i.e. <wsp:Policy>) from the policy namespace, what extra
            functionality do you get from the <UsingPolicy> thing without a
            wsdl:required=true? If wsdl:required *was* set to true on this element I
            could see it being useful so that you could guarantee the WSDL processor was
            familiar with policy without having to mark every individual wsp-namespaced
            element as required... but as is I don't quite see it.

            --Glen

            > REALLY? the tools should have flagged the fact that there are
            > ws-policy attributes in wsdl:binding..guess, you have a bug in your
            > tools.
            >
            > -- dims
            >
            > On 7/21/05, Tomas Bahnik <tomas.bahnik@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Systinet wsdl2java and wsdlc (for C++ stubs) in latest versions consume
            >> both
            >> wsdls without problems.
            >>
            >> Note that RoundC was originally header interop [1]
            >>
            >> [1] http://www.whitemesa.com/interop.htm
            >>
            >> Tomas

          • Daniel Wilcox
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 21, 2005
              wsdl2h v1.1.4c from the  gSOAP 2.7.3 toolkit consumes these with no problems as does wsdl.exe from .NET 1.1.4322.573.

              Kirill Gavrylyuk wrote:

              Hi soapbuilders,

              When you have a minute, could you try out your proxy generation tools to consume the following Indigo-generated WSDLs? They correspond to SoapBuilders Round C tests, but wsdl:import and xsd:import are heavily used.

              I’m especially curious how well schema and wsdl imports are supported out there.

              RoundA, BaseDataType, doc literal : http://131.107.153.195/SoapBuilders/svc/RoundADocLit.svc?wsdl

              RoundC, ComplexType2, doc literal : http://131.107.153.195/SoapBuilders/svc/RoundCCompoundTwoXmlSerializer.svc?wsdl

              Thanks for any feedback in advance!

              Kirill

              ___________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
            • Davanum Srinivas
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 21, 2005
                Glen,

                Yes ("because the schema for wsdl:binding isn't attribute-extensible! ")

                Don't worry Kirill is doing something else now :)

                [Our bad (wsdl:binding element does not allow for attribute extensions) -
                should use <wsp:PolicyReference URI=".."/> instead. Sorry - forgot about
                it.]

                -- dims

              • Anish Karmarkar
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 21, 2005
                  Davanum Srinivas wrote:
                  > Glen,
                  >
                  > Yes ("because the schema for wsdl:binding isn't attribute-extensible! ")

                  Dims/Glen,

                  WS-I Basic Profile 1.1 [1] has fixed this. All elements in WSDL 1.1
                  namespace are extensible via attribute and via elements. Pl. note that
                  the URL in BP 1.1 (http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/wsdl11.xsd) that
                  is supposed to point to the schema that has this fixed is not valid. The
                  WS-I BP WG is working to fix this.

                  HTH.

                  -Anish
                  --

                  [1]
                  http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/BasicProfile-1.1-2004-08-24.html#WSDL_Extensions

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 21, 2005
                    Right,
                    our intent is to switch to <wsp:PolicyReference URI=".."/> . That allows
                    one to put wsdl:required on attachment points directly and in particular
                    have bindings that use and don't use WS-Policy.

                    However I don't see too much value in checking the schema for
                    wsdl:binding open/closed for attributes extensions - as you said it was
                    rather an unintentional lame side-effect of schema writing. BP did a
                    good step "half-way":) allowing attributes and elements extensibility
                    everywhere.

                    I think both Axis 1.2 (that rejects the wsdl) and Systinet (that accepts
                    the wsdl) are correct. I'd personally recommend to lift the requirement
                    in Axis 1.2.

                    Glenn, addition of wsp:UsingPolicy is required by WS-Policy 2004/09. As
                    you point out, the reason for this is the attribute @PolicyURIs - since
                    you can't indicate on such attachment points that they are required, you
                    need some other mechanism: UsingPolicy with wsdl:required on it. We keep
                    the element there for conformance, but don't put wsdl:required on it,
                    since we want BP compliant wsdls to be consumable by non-policy aware
                    toolkits.

                    But now that BP lifts the necessity for PolicyURIs attribute altogether,
                    I'd recommend to use wsp:PolicyReference everywhere. Which makes
                    "mandatory" wsp:UsingPolicy less useful.

                    -
                    should use <wsp:PolicyReference URI=".."/> instead. Sorry - forgot about
                    it.]

                    -- dims

                    On 7/21/05, Glen Daniels <glen@...> wrote:
                    > Dims,
                    >
                    > I don't understand what you mean here... I didn't see any
                    > wsdl:required="true" elements in there, which means that all the
                    extensions
                    > (including the policy stuff) are optional.... oh, I see! You mean
                    because
                    > the schema for wsdl:binding isn't attribute-extensible! That's lame
                    (on the
                    > WSDL 1.1 schema-writers part). Yup, looks like a problem.
                    >
                    > On another note, Kirill, I don't quite understand why you guys have
                    the
                    > <wsp:UsingPolicy/> element in there? If you're already using
                    extension
                    > elements (i.e. <wsp:Policy>) from the policy namespace, what extra
                    > functionality do you get from the <UsingPolicy> thing without a
                    > wsdl:required=true? If wsdl:required *was* set to true on this
                    element I
                    > could see it being useful so that you could guarantee the WSDL
                    processor was
                    > familiar with policy without having to mark every individual
                    wsp-namespaced
                    > element as required... but as is I don't quite see it.
                    >
                    > --Glen

                  • Kogan, Tamara
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 21, 2005
                      Our Http client was not able to read the Wsdl schema. The message included the content type with wrong quoted string:
                      According to the RFC2045 the header parameters are defined as:
                      parameter := attribute '=' value
                      value := token / quoted-string
                      quoted-string = <"> *(qtext/quoted-pair) <">

                      Using $'(16r0027) instead of $" (16r0022) cause the Http client failed to parse the header field.
                      I am wondering how other Http clients handle the wrong encoding. Do they just ignore the Http content type?

                      Tamara

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 21, 2005
                        JAX-WS 2.0 EA2 [1] is able to consume both WSDLs without any problems.

                        [1] https://jax-rpc.dev.java.net/jaxws20-ea2/

                        -Arun

                        Kirill Gavrylyuk wrote:
                        > Hi soapbuilders,
                        >
                        > When you have a minute, could you try out your proxy generation tools to
                        > consume the following Indigo-generated WSDLs? They correspond to
                        > SoapBuilders Round C tests, but wsdl:import and xsd:import are heavily used.
                        >

                        > I’m especially curious how well schema and wsdl imports are supported
                        > out there.
                        >

                        > RoundA, BaseDataType, doc literal :
                        > http://131.107.153.195/SoapBuilders/svc/RoundADocLit.svc?wsdl
                        >
                        > RoundC, ComplexType2, doc literal :
                        > http://131.107.153.195/SoapBuilders/svc/RoundCCompoundTwoXmlSerializer.svc?wsdl
                        >

                        > Thanks for any feedback in advance!
                        >

                        > Kirill

                        got Web Services ?
                        Download Java Web Services Developer Pack from
                        http://java.sun.com/webservices
                      • Kirill Gavrylyuk
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 22, 2005
                          Thanks Tamara,
                          good catch - it's a bug on our side. Indeed only double or none are allowed.

                          I think most stacks got tired and allow both types of quotes:). Thanks for keeping us honest:)

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jul 22, 2005
                            Guys, thanks again to everyone who tried!

                            It's great to see that WSDL syntax is well supported out there.