SOAP Toolkit 3.0 client not using timeout

  • Jose Maestro
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2005
      I am using MS SOAP client provided with SOAP Toolkit 3.0. I have set
      the timeout for this application to 20 seconds.
      On some occasions, when there are network problems and the call to the
      webservice is not able to complete succesfully, the client waits for
      45 seconds before returning an error.

      I include an example of the code I am using to set this timeout:

      dim SOAPClient
      dim par_WSDLFile, par_ServiceName, par_Port
      dim strParam1, strParam2
      dim objResp

      par_WSDLFile = "c:\webservice.wsdl"

      set SOAPClient = createobject("MSSOAP.SOAPClient30")
      par_ServiceName = "pinService"
      par_Port = "PinServicePort"

      strError = SOAPClient.mssoapinit(par_WSDLFile, par_ServiceName, par_Port)

      SOAPClient.connectionproperty("timeOut") = 20000

      strParam1 = "param1"
      strParam2 = "param2"

      set objResp = SOAPClient.pinTrans(strParam1, strParam2)

      The error I get after 45 seconds is "Connector:Connection time out.
      Connector:Connection time out. HRESULT=0x800A1527 - Client:An
      unanticipated error occurred during the processing of this request.
      HRESULT=0x800A1527 - Client:Sending the Soap message failed or no
      recognizable response was received HRESULT=0x800A1527 -
      Client:Unspecified client error. HRESULT=0x800A1527 "