Re: .Net is automatically importing XML schema, how do I stop it from doing so??

  • rjc7878
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2005
      The WS-I profile doesn't prohibit importing sorry about that. They
      just specify a certain way it needs to be done. .Net didn't specify a
      location and according to what I've read you need to use the
      "schemaLocation" attribute when importing an XML schema into your WSDL
      document and need to use the xsd:import and not the wsdl:import.

      The following is the message I get from the WS-I tools:

      Failure on WSI2102
      An XML schema import element references something other than an XML
      schema definition: the referenced element does not have "schema" from
      XML namespace "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" as root element.

      However, thanks for poiting out the use of DataSet. Another developer
      added this for .Net clients and I'm working on separating it out to a
      separate interface so I have one that provides a more interoperable
      interface for other clients. When I removed the dataset the import
      went away and solved my issue. Thanks much!

      Ryan

      --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, Anne Thomas Manes <atmanes@g...>

    • Kirill Gavrylyuk
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2005
        >.Net didn't specify a
        >location and according to what I've read you need to use the
        >"schemaLocation" attribute when importing an XML schema into your WSDL
        >document and need to use the xsd:import and not the wsdl:import.

        BP does not require schemaLocation for xsd:import
        BP requires location attribute for wsdl:import.

        The failure you see seems like a bug in WS-I test tools (does not
        recognize a known schema and fails to test the other requirement).

      • Anne Thomas Manes
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2, 2005
          And FYI, the location of the xsd schema is http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 2, 2005
            On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 09:04:12 -0700, in ws you wrote:

            >>.Net didn't specify a
            >>location and according to what I've read you need to use the
            >>"schemaLocation" attribute when importing an XML schema into your WSDL
            >>document and need to use the xsd:import and not the wsdl:import.
            >
            >BP does not require schemaLocation for xsd:import
            >BP requires location attribute for wsdl:import.
            >
            >The failure you see seems like a bug in WS-I test tools (does not
            >recognize a known schema and fails to test the other requirement).

            This is a long standing and very annoying bug in the WS-I test tools
            (it also gives this if your WSDL contains 2 schema sections and one
            imports the other). Anyone with eyes & ears in with the WS-I know if
            there are plans to ship a fixed version of the test tools ?

            Tx
            Simon
            www.pocketsoap.com
          • erikj999
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 2, 2005
              > Anyone with eyes & ears in with the WS-I know if there are plans to
              > ship a fixed version of the test tools ?

              I think I saw this error in the WS-I test tools running in SoapScope
              early this year. I thought it was odd that an empty ASMX service
              would throw a BP error.

              I downloaded the latest version of the test tools and it cleared the
              error up. I downloaded the Java version -- not the C# version, BTW.

              I'll see if I can find out more. If all else fails I'll be at the WS-
              I plenary the week after next.

              Erik Johnson
              Epicor Software