ANNOUNCE : Axis 1.2 RELEASE

  • Glen Daniels
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2005
      Hi folks:

      After *much* too long, the Axis team would like to announce the release
      of Axis 1.2 final. You can get it at:

      http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/ws/axis/1_2/ (if your favorite
      mirror doesn't have it yet try another, it's propagating now)

      A few words about this release -

      * A LOT of things have been cleaned up/fixed since 1.1, but 1.2 is not
      yet a perfect beast. We know there are still issues that, although they
      didn't block this release, are important to our user base. We will be
      working to resolve these in the near term, which brings us to...

      * This took way too much time. We will (for the remainder of Axis 1.X's
      lifetime and hopefully all of Axis 2.0's...) be focusing much more
      aggressively on the "release early and often" mantra. Expect to see
      more fixes and more official releases near term.

      * Thanks to EVERYONE who submitted bug reports, patches, and
      (especially) good, concise test cases. Without your help we wouldn't
      have been able to make half the progress we did.

      * As always, please send questions/comments to axis-user@...,
      and development-related issues to axis-dev@.... Issues may be
      checked and filed at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS

      Onwards to 1.Next...