Help!!!SOAP problem

  • uae_star97
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2005
      Hi All,

      I am new to webservices. I installed jakarta-tomcat-3.3.2 and
      Apache SOAP-2.3.1. I dwonloaded all needed jar files and set the
      classpath.

      But When after deploying the service, I ran the Client program and I
      get the following error:

      invoke service
      URL = http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter
      URN=urn:Exchange
      Fault = SOAP-ENV:Server.BadTargetObjectURI, Unable to resolve
      target object:

      I make sure the Exchange.class in under tomcat/classes
      and I put tomcat/classes in the classpath..
      All my java files and classes are under
      tomcat/webapp/soap/WEB-INF/classes

      please help, I should submit my project at the end of May and I
      still in the first step.. I spent two weeks trying to solve this
      problem .. I tried every thing :(
    • Anne Thomas Manes
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 24, 2005
        Two things:

        1- Please submit user questions to the appropriate user discussion
        list for the SOAP implementation you're using -- in your case the
        Apache soap-user list (see http://ws.apache.org/soap/mail.html).

        2- I strongly recommend that you switch from Apache SOAP 2.3.1 to
        Apache Axis 1.2 (see http://ws.apache.org/axis/). You may have noticed
        that Apache SOAP 2.3.1 was released in June 2002. It has not been
        updated since. It's a dead project. It has been superceded by Apache
        Axis.

        Apache Axis is Apache's strategic SOAP implementation. It's much
        easier to use, and it supports all the latest bells and whistles that
        a SOAP implementation ought to.

        Anne