Re: [soapbuilders] SOAP interop CORBA

  • Anne Thomas Manes
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 14, 2005
      I know that IONA and Cape Clear provide SOAP/CORBA interoperability. I
      think Borland does, too.

      Anne

      On 4/14/05, lopata_66 <lopata_66@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      > I want you to ask to help me find something about SOAP and Corba
      > interop. I've found on OMG the idl2wsdl binding specification. I've
      > read st about XORBA (discontinued) and possibility of CapeClear to
      > make interconnectin between WS a CORBA, but I need more ...
      >
      > Any better idea?
      >
      > Thanks Petr

    • Donahue Bryon
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 18, 2005
        My experience is that most products are limited to
        enabling CORBA servers as Web Services and have
        variable (limited) IDL type support.

        Iona's Artix, however, provides relatively
        comprehensive IDL types support. Moreover, Artix
        supports additional Web Services/CORBA interaction
        patterns that are not typically supported by other Web
        Services/CORBA tookits. By this I mean CORBA clients
        can call Web Services and CORBA callbacks are
        supported. Support for these interaction patterns is
        critical to many enterprises.

        In my view, Artix provides a comprehensive Web
        Services/CORBA solution and we are having good success
        with it. You might check it out at
        http://www.iona.com/products/artix/welcome.htm

        Hope this helps,

        Bryon