SOAP interop CORBA

  • lopata_66
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 14 12:53 PM
      Hi all,
      I want you to ask to help me find something about SOAP and Corba
      interop. I've found on OMG the idl2wsdl binding specification. I've
      read st about XORBA (discontinued) and possibility of CapeClear to
      make interconnectin between WS a CORBA, but I need more ...

      Any better idea?

      Thanks Petr
    • Anne Thomas Manes
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 14 3:14 PM
        I know that IONA and Cape Clear provide SOAP/CORBA interoperability. I
        think Borland does, too.

        Anne

        On 4/14/05, lopata_66 <lopata_66@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        > I want you to ask to help me find something about SOAP and Corba
        > interop. I've found on OMG the idl2wsdl binding specification. I've
        > read st about XORBA (discontinued) and possibility of CapeClear to
        > make interconnectin between WS a CORBA, but I need more ...
        >
        > Any better idea?
        >
        > Thanks Petr

      • Donahue Bryon
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 18 8:24 AM
          My experience is that most products are limited to
          enabling CORBA servers as Web Services and have
          variable (limited) IDL type support.

          Iona's Artix, however, provides relatively
          comprehensive IDL types support. Moreover, Artix
          supports additional Web Services/CORBA interaction
          patterns that are not typically supported by other Web
          Services/CORBA tookits. By this I mean CORBA clients
          can call Web Services and CORBA callbacks are
          supported. Support for these interaction patterns is
          critical to many enterprises.

          In my view, Artix provides a comprehensive Web
          Services/CORBA solution and we are having good success
          with it. You might check it out at
          http://www.iona.com/products/artix/welcome.htm

          Hope this helps,

          Bryon