Re: [soapbuilders] Testing a web service client

  • Shishir Shah
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17 9:05 PM
      Hi murali,

      this is shishir.

      well i have been working in the same direction..initially i was using WSIF and axis WSDL mechanisam for testing webservice client.....
      but curretnly i am using jax-rpc based dynamic service invocation method to invoke webservices.....as far as performance is concernd dii client is always overhead as compare to static client but it has the flexibility that  u can invoke the webservices in a generic way......for this u may required to use xml extensively.....

      if u can share what u have develope and done i can suggest u other option.....

      thanks and regards

      shishir
      ymrao_subscribe <ymrao_subscribe@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      We are looking for tips on Web Service client application testing.
      Basically, we are creating a generic Web Service client that is WSDL
      driven, and uses the Apache Axis Client API to invoke web services.

      We want to ensure that
      -> the application can successfully invoke various types of web
      services hosted on Axis, .Net, Weblogic etc...
      -> if the application can handle complex types and arrays
      -> Invoke RPC/Literal, RPC/Encoded and Document/Literal

      and stuff like that...

      The various Interop tests seem to be something that we can derive a
      few ideas from -
      We would like to arrive at a test matrix for our application, and
      probably create our Web Services test bed that can be used for testing
      on a periodic basis.

      Would greatly appreciate any ideas or suggestions in this area - If
      anyone has been involved in any such effort earlier or can point us to
      any body of literature on this topic anywhere on the Internet -

      Thanks,
      Murali