RE: [soapbuilders] state of the art on interoperability

  • Doug Davis
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 17, 2005
      Nelson Minar <nelson@...> wrote on 02/16/2005 09:11:30 PM:

      > Doug offered:
      > >With the endpoint we'll test against anyone who wants to test
      with us.

      > Could you remind me of where to find the endpoint? The Python ZSI
      guys
      > are just about to do a new release, maybe they could take a swing
      at it.

      Check http://wsi.alphaworks.ibm.com:8080/***
      where *** is either wsrf, wsrm, wstx or wspolicy
      and as I said, if you'd like another one for some other ws-* spec
      just let me know and I'll see what I can do.  I should point out
      that the wsrm endpoint is a good test of WSA as well since you can
      run it w/o rm turned on, and testing the async part of WSA is critical
      to a fair number of other specs.

      > >One of the things that I have run into (in the past) is that when the
      > >SOAP stack I was using didn't support a newer feature I almost
      always
      > >found a way to get what I needed by avoiding the "canned"
      tooling and
      > >did a little bit of hand-crafting until the tooling caught up.
      Would
      > >this approach work for you?
      >
      > That's what I do for myself, but it's a lot to ask of users to
      > customize their SOAP toolkits. If you have to go that far, it's
      > probably easier just to skip the SOAP toolkit entirely and fill in
      an
      > XML template. At least with document/literal the XML templates are
      > simple to understand.

      I hear ya - I wouldn't go so far as to dump the entire toolkit but I
      can definitely understand the inclination to skip it for processing
      certain bits of the envelope.

      thanks
      -Doug
    • George Rusev
      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 17, 2005
        Hi Doug,

        I am interested weather you have interoperability
        endpoint for

        WS-Security
        SAML

        Thank you
        Georgi Rusev

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      • Tomas Bahnik
        Message 3 of 25 , Feb 18, 2005
          If you are interested in WSS interop endpoints, Systinet has old 7 interop
          scenario endpoints still up and running [1]. List of our live interop
          endpoints and results can be found at [2]

          [1] http://soap.systinet.net/ssj/pingservice/PingN (N=1..7)
          [2] http://soap.systinet.net/interop/

          Tomas

          Message 4 of 25 , Feb 18, 2005
            > How about we make language bindings for Python, Perl, PHP on top of
            > Axis C++? Would you be interested in helping with this effort?

            I'm not in a position to favor Axis over Gnome's LibXML -- you couldn't
            pay me enough to step into the middle of that one. :)

            Rich Salz, Chief Security Architect
            XS40 XML Security Gateway http://www.datapower.com/products/xs40.html
          • Davanum Srinivas
            Message 5 of 25 , Feb 18, 2005
              This one? http://xmlsoft.org/. sorry did not know about them doing
              latest stuff. Some folks told me that there is not much out there and
              i was trying to see if there is any interest. If folks are already
              doing WS-I compliance and SOAP1.1/1.2 etc...More power to them :)

              -- dims

              Message 6 of 25 , Feb 18, 2005
                > This one? http://xmlsoft.org/. sorry did not know about them doing
                > latest stuff.

                They're not doing any SOAP stuff. But it might be, err, interesting to
                host AXIS on top of xmlsoft rather than xerces. :)

                Message 7 of 25 , Feb 18, 2005
                  Axis/C++ does both xerces and expat. so should not be too difficult to
                  add libxml to the mix if folks want it.

                  -- dims