Http 401 when accessing asp.net web service from a java client

  • C.D.
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2005
      Hi

      I created a simple web service which require window authentication. I
      run my java program (generated by wsdl2java tool) and got the http 401
      not authorized exception.

      I tried to use the setPropery(USERNAME_PROPERTY,"user") and
      setProperty(PASSWORD_PROPERTY,"pass") but didn't work.

      Anyone ran into the same problem or knows how to solve this ?

      Thank you very much
    • Kirill Gavrylyuk
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 17, 2005
        Try "<domain name>\<user>"

      • C.D.
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 17, 2005
          Yes I did, i still go the same error though.

          By the way, do you know of any free light-weight java editor to use?

          thanks
          --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Kirill Gavrylyuk"