project help

  • aditya_rao_2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2005
      hi,
      my name is aditya. i am a final year computer engg student of pune
      university. i am working on my final year project
      titled "implementation of MMAP server and Client". MMAP(mobile
      message access ptrotocol) is essentially a SOAP based protocol.it
      uses the underlying http framework for message delivery. we have to
      send messages in MMAP format defined by the SMSForum. i am using php
      for the client side scripting . i am thinking of using java for the
      server side part. is this a good choice. and what other things
      should i know to implement it. the basic message types and format
      have been defined in xml format so the format is fixed. MMAP defines
      many modes of sending messages one of which is the immediate mode in
      which the session between the client and server is not mainitained.
      it is used only for delivering of messages. can this be implemented
      in java. what i am thinking is that we can convert the xml data into
      a string and then send it using soap request/response. is this
      possible. please let me know.

      aditya
    • Ramakichenane Douressamy
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2005
        Dear Aditya,

        I am Ram, working in France.

        My suggestions,

        1. SOAP supports directly packing a message in XML format with the method WriteXML(). So, I think you can use this method to write the message in soap, instead of converting it into string and writing in.

        2. PHP itself could be used for your server side programming, supports SOAP. I am not clear about the necessity of using Java for the same.

        Otherwise, your design seems to be great. All the best.

        Regards,
        Ram

        aditya_rao_2000 <aditya83@...> wrote:

[...]

      • Shishir Shah
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 31, 2005
          Hi Aditya,
          This is Shishir Working in Indore. I have also worked with soap and webservices.
          well from your design description i can sya if you want to use java for server side programming that will be the better choice....
          as java supports both xml and soap......
          the only thing you required enable SOAP is u have to use apache soap 2.3.1 or apache axis.....whichever is best fit.....
          using this u need not required to convert ur xml dat into string.......every thing will be taken care by the soap api automatically......
          u just need to publish a service which will accept input in a string format..........
          and accordingly u need to write a single client proxy class which will interact with your service......
          thats it........in addition to this wsdl files will be there for soap message transfering.....'

          Thanks & Regards
          shishir

          http://mail.yahoo.com