Re: [soapbuilders] webservices

  • Abhijit Suvarna
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2005
      HI,
         I had recently designed a webservice and then i had the same questions which u have today. because there was a tight deadline i could not get all the answers. However here are some things which i experienced during the project..
      If u are a first timer ...go for AXIS its not only easy  but also saves some of the learning time..once u get a hands on experience u can explore JWSDP.  Also careful prior thought must be given to the type of service u r implementing , like doclit, rpclit, rpcenc.doclit is the fastest . I did not have this problem since i had a specification and wsdl from which i created the service and deployed it .. Having a wsdl helps a lot.Once u r familiar with xml  its not a big deal to create a wsdl..However the major problems i faced were with name space, and serilalizers and deserializers when i had to create when doing java2wsdl. Also when u are designing a webservice pls give careful consideration to the interfaces. I cant remember exactly but becuase i had designed the web service on similiar lines of a rmi program..i.e creating a interface and then the impl  ....when i did java2wsdl it did not work since this tool requires concrete classes....( I am not sure on this but pls check out on this......)

      kulwant gangurde <kullug99@...> wrote:
      i need some help on webservices
      h to design webservice?
      security cosiderations while developing web service?
      pls guide me if someone have worked on it

      thanks in advance

      Do you Yahoo!?