webservices

  • kulwant gangurde
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 26, 2005
      i need some help on webservices
      h to design webservice?
      security cosiderations while developing web service?
      pls guide me if someone have worked on it

      thanks in advance

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Shishir Shah
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 27, 2005

        hi there,
        for developing a webservice u must have some knowledge about xml because the moment we talk about webservices three things comes in to the picture. soap, wsdl (web service description language -- which is pure xml file ) and UDDI registry.

        SOAP is a protocol which is used over http for invoking and transferring data to web service.
        web service is nothing but a simple service whihc listens on some http port over the web and clients invokes it on that particulare url.
        the url can be resolved through UDDI registry.
        the description of the service listening, can be available from the wsdl file. from which u can know that what parameters u need to pass to the webservice and what are the types of that parameter.

        this is some initial idea about webservices
        tell me what exactely u want to know about webservice.
        u can get help of the net for that.

        Thanks & Regards
        shishir
        kulwant gangurde <kullug99@...> wrote:
        i need some help on webservices
        h to design webservice?
        security cosiderations while developing web service?
        pls guide me if someone have worked on it

        thanks in advance

        Do you Yahoo!?

        ,

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Abhijit Suvarna
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 27, 2005
          HI,
             I had recently designed a webservice and then i had the same questions which u have today. because there was a tight deadline i could not get all the answers. However here are some things which i experienced during the project..
          If u are a first timer ...go for AXIS its not only easy  but also saves some of the learning time..once u get a hands on experience u can explore JWSDP.  Also careful prior thought must be given to the type of service u r implementing , like doclit, rpclit, rpcenc.doclit is the fastest . I did not have this problem since i had a specification and wsdl from which i created the service and deployed it .. Having a wsdl helps a lot.Once u r familiar with xml  its not a big deal to create a wsdl..However the major problems i faced were with name space, and serilalizers and deserializers when i had to create when doing java2wsdl. Also when u are designing a webservice pls give careful consideration to the interfaces. I cant remember exactly but becuase i had designed the web service on similiar lines of a rmi program..i.e creating a interface and then the impl  ....when i did java2wsdl it did not work since this tool requires concrete classes....( I am not sure on this but pls check out on this......)