RE: [soapbuilders] Re: user/password

  • Tom Jordahl
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 19, 2005
      > The problem is that the .NET client
      > doesn't put the user/password in the HTTP header
      > (unless I am using the API wrong).

      Yup. This is as expected. No specification or standard means no interop.

      I am pretty sure that you can *put* the u/p in the HTTP header with the .NET
      APIs. I don't have the first idea on how to do this. But MS has lots of
      APIs to tweak this stuff.

      Tom Jordahl
      Macromedia Server Development

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 19, 2005

        Why aren’t you using the OASIS WS-Security username token profile? That is the standard for these things. WSE 2.0 is the .NET library that serializes this interoperably and I have successfully invoke Axis with this, with WSS4J handling the WS-Security headers.

        > doesn't put the user/password in the HTTP header
        > (unless I am using the API wrong).

        Yup.  This is as expected.  No specification or standard means no interop.

        I am pretty sure that you can *put* the u/p in the HTTP header with the .NET
        APIs.  I don't have the first idea on how to do this.  But MS has lots of
        APIs to tweak this stuff.

        Tom Jordahl
        Macromedia Server Development

        The AXIS client puts the info in the HTTP header, and presumably the
        AXIS server pulls it from there.  The problem is that the .NET client
        doesn't put the user/password in the HTTP header (unless I am using
        the API wrong).

        Bill

        --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com , Tom Jordahl <tomj@m...> wrote:

        > There is no specification that details how these values are passed from
        > client to service.  You should be able to crack the SOAP Envelope in
        .NET
        > and get the username/password values.  Actually, it might be in the HTTP
        > request headers, I can't remember off hand.  Check the Axis source
        for how
        > we do this.
        >
        > Tom Jordahl

      • Bill Keese
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 19, 2005
          Interesting.  Is the link below what you are talking about?

          http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wse/html/1a633f76-5173-40d8-8dfb-5fdba063e6e8.asp

          It seems to suggest modifying the file generated by wsdl.exe.  Is that right?

          Also, this puts the user/password in the <soap:Header> rather than into the HTTP header.  What is the code in AXIS for grabbing the user/password from the soap header?  Is it the same code I mentioned before?